The Beginning of the End

After a two and a half month break from the show, the whole team is back for season 3

After a two and a half month break from the show, the whole team is back for season 3. Except for Paige, Brooke and Kelly. I've been waiting for them in the lobby, but they haven't arrived and Gianna just came in and told me that Miss Abby is really mad and pyramid is cancelled. In fact, she is so mad, that despite that we're getting a new dancer added to the team anyway, that she is going to have an audition for another dancer to come and replace them. I feel horrible.

However, we still go into Studio A, because we gotta find out the dances and we've got to meet the new dancer. I don't know who it is, but I'm really excited to find out! My prediction for the pyramid is pretty simple.

Chloe
McKinna Brooke Mackenzie
Maddie Nia Kendall Paige 

"Alright girls. Brooke and Paige are very clearly not here today and personally, I don't know if they're coming back. But I'm not dissapointed about that. I'm dissapointed in all of you, except for McKinna. Why? Because she is the only one with a valid excuse for missing dance class over the holidays." I look down at my toes. I could've come to dance on Maddie's and I's tenth birthday, but we had a party so we didn't.

"Okay. We have four solos. Kendall, Mackenzie, Chloe and Maddie. Kendall, you have a jazz solo 'It Girl'. Mackenzie, an acrobatic jazz routine called 'Goodie Goodie'. Chloe, yours is a contemporary routine called 'Nobody's Perfect' and Maddie, you have a lyrical routine entitled 'Don't Leave Me'. I expect a clean sweep."

"We also have a duet, with our newest member, and someone. But I won't say who. Our group routine is contemporary it is entitled 'Angels and Demons'. Chloe, you will be the angel, and Kinna, you will be the demon." Miss Abby tells us and I look at her curiously. Why am I a demon? I'm normally nice unless we're talking 'bout the Crabby Apples.

"Now, could the latest member of the elite junior competition team join us please?" Miss Abby calls and then my jaw literally goes slack. And then I run.

"Jandro!" I squeal, not even caring. My best friend is here! "You're the newest member of the team?"

"McKinna." Miss Abby raises her eyebrows and I quickly return to my spot at the end next to Maddie, where Jandro joins me. "Yes, Alejandro is the latest member of the ALDC. Antonio and I have been discussing it for a while and I think having a male dancer on the team will push you all to your limits."

"So, because you two know each other the best, Alejandro and McKinna, you two have a duet, entitled 'Beauty and the Beast'. It is lyrical and choreographed to be a winning piece. I expect it to win." I look at Jandro excitedly. We might have danced together on Broadway, but never in a duet.

"Now, despite having Alejandro here, I still need another dancer to replace the Hylands. So I will be having an audition for another new dancer as well."

I gulp. Having Jandro on the team is enough excitement already, and we do not need another dancer, or else I will literally die from excitement.

"Kinna and Alejandro, we will work on your duet now. I presume," Miss Abby begins as everyone else files out, including the dance parents, "Alejandro that you can do lifts." Jandro nods and I smile excitedly. We don't really do lifts, unless Brandon or Nick join us for the group, so to do a duet with lifts is really exciting.

Miss Abby starts teaching us some choreography and I'm surprised at how much more elegant, in a way, this routine is to my other duets from last season. 

Then, we try the lifts individually before adding them in. The first one is a back walkover lift, which we do without any supreme difficulty, and the second is like, really hard. Miss Abby wants us to do a 3 split lift, which is pretty hard and I don't know if we can do it.

"Just trust, Kin, okay?" Jandro whispers in my ear, which tickles and I have to hold back my laughter, but I slightly nod my head. We try it again and we do it! It isn't clean like the first one, but now we've done it we can be confident.

"I knew having a boy would make our dances better." Miss Abby smiles, evidently pleased with herself. "Now, let's try the turn sequence."

Christi, Chloe's Mom
"Alright, so I'm sitting up here with Holly, Melissa and this new father, Antonio. Like, rewind, this is Dance Moms, not Dance Dudes. But I have to admit, I'm kind of jealous. Kinna's and Alejandro's duet looks stunning, especially if they can pull off the lifts, and I have no doubt they'll win."