Worst Birthday Party Ever!

McKinnaChloe MaddieNia Brooke Mackenzie Paige

McKinna
Chloe Maddie
Nia Brooke Mackenzie Paige

"Our dances this week are three solos, a trio and a group dance. This week's group dance is called 'All Kids Go'. Mackenzie, this week you are not in it, but Payton will be. You are too young for the group dance. The trio is Paige, Nia and Mackenzie it is called 'Nothing's Gonna Stop Us'. It is acro, so Nia, you'll be needing to brush up a bit."

"The solos this week go to Chloe, Payton and McKinna. Chloe, a contemporary routine called 'Trouble'. Payton, a jazz routine called 'Eternally'. McKinna, a lyrical routine called 'Mom, It'll Never Be The Same'. These solos should challenge all three of you."

"Now, I want you all to perform this weekend, not just dance. Remember, everyone's replaceable. Except for of course, my favorites." Miss Abby briefly looks over at Maddie and I, which made me feel kinda of uncomfortable. It's no secret Maddie is a favorite or that I'm trying to work my way up to it. But isn't everybody else?

The group routine this week is contemporary and I really like it. It's a piece about kids growing up and moving on, which I think is why Payton and Brooke stand out the most in this dance, as the eldest. But I think Miss Abby still is upset with Brooke, which is why she brought Payton in so Brooke wouldn't be the only star.

Plus this week is all about these Drop Dead Diva auditions. They're looking for a blonde, so I definitely think it'll be Paige or Chloe. However, the producers are making all of us auditioning say the main competition will be Maddie, Chloe or I, because lucky us, they love to try and encourage a rivalry between us. 

"Come on girls, where are the feet, the legs? Chloe, McKinna you both got ballet schlorships to the Joffery and yet you have no technique at all! Stop slacking and get yourselves together. Maddie! Your feet were just sickled! Brooke, Payton, you're the leads, yet you're the worst of them all!" Miss Abby screams at us. Thank the heavens Kenzie isn't in this group dance, because otherwise this situation would only get worse.

"Paige, Nia, the horrible things you're doing in your dancing right now are so obvious I shouldn't even have to point them out! That is it, no more. Everybody out, except for McKinna." Silently, I beg for the other girls not to go, even for one of them to just stay and watch from the mirror, but they all leave as fast as possible.

Miss Abby is the best dance teacher in the world. Everybody wants her as their teacher and everybody wants to be on this team. Most of them quit after a few weeks after her guidance. Maddie and I have been here since we were two and Kenzie came when we came. Chloe came when she was four, but she is two years older than both of us, so she has been here for the same amount of time. Brooke joined when she was three and Paige when she was four, like Chloe. Nia joined when she was five. We're the only girls who have lasted so long under her guidance on this team. Sometimes, I wonder if it really is worth it.

"McKinna. This week your solo isn't just beautiful and absolutely gorgeous, it's advanced. There are la seconde turns into agressive falls onto the stage. There are beautiful leaps into sad emotions. It is all interwined. You can relate to this solo. Your mom and dad divorced. Will it ever be the same? No." Miss Abby tells me and while it is seems like it will be an emotionful solo, I connect with it. It will never be the same now that dad left. But most of the time, I think it is a good thing.

By the end of my solo rehearsal, I think Miss Abby saying it was beautiful advanced solo was the understatement of the century. This solo is even harder than 'Set Fire to the Rain' and 'Looking For a Place Called Home'  and that is saying something, because those two were the hardest solos I've ever done.

Chloe, Payton and Brooke all go in together to learn their solos, which I find kinda of upsetting, because none of them came in to watch my solo practise, which especially hurts from Chloe and Brooke. I stay in Studio A and watch Brooke practise. Yeah, she has an unaired solo that will be released as an extra called 'Paint the Pictures', it is acro. 

-Drop Dead Diva Audition-