Brooke's Back

"At this time, I would like to officially welcome Kendall as a member of the Abby Lee Dance Company

"At this time, I would like to officially welcome Kendall as a member of the Abby Lee Dance Company. Here you go." Miss Abby announces and Kendall rushes up to collect her new team jacket. "Now, listen to me. This doesn't mean it's smooth sailing from here on out. When you're wearing that jacket, she can't be all hunched over and slouching. So if you see that, mom, you take a thumbtack and you stick it, right between her shoulder blades." Jill nodded eagerly, with a kinda creepy smile. Nearly the worst I've ever seen, if it wasn't for Cathy;

"We're going to Starbound Competition in Long Island, New York. Now, I'll tell you what. They are ready for us. They want to beat the Abby Lee Dance Company and they're serious. They're like sharks in the water. They can taste the blood."

McKinna, Melissa's Daughter

"Okay, since when could sharks dance? And all dancers are cannibals?" I ask, really confused.

-
Chloe Maddie McKinna
Kendall Paige Nia Mackenzie

The top headshot remained covered, which made no sense. Miss Abby often calls us brats, but like seriously, last week Payton was way worse then us. Normally, we're angels, and she was really mean last week. Did we give off bad karma? Because Payton did not deserve to be on the top of that tower. If anything, it should be Chloe, because she was the top high score and was amazing last week.

"And on top of the pyramid," Payton puffs her chest out as Miss Abby reveals the top headshot. "is Brooke." Brookie Cookie walks in and I squeal, running over and hugging her and the other girls (bar Payton) follow my lead. As we all walk back to our places, it is pretty obvious Payton is in tears.

"I know you all are wondering, how could she be on top of the pyramid." Not everything is about pyramid, Miss Abby. "Not only is she doing a solo this week, and not only should she win, I demands she does."

"Come on, Abby-" Leslie begins and Miss Abby begins to argue with her, until the Ackermans storm out. We all whisper among ourselves, while the moms waited to be dismissed.

"So, this week, we have a trio called 'Candyman'. It is jazz, and McKinna, Kendall and Mackenzie, you will be it. The costumes will be white, like a lyrical outfit, except for these red and white swirly candies around the waist. You will have black top hats with those candies around the bottom and a prop, a black walking stick with the candy on top. This choreography is difficult, advanced, stuff you girls will have never seen before. Kendall, out of the trio, you're the weakest dancer. McKinna has been on Broadway, Mackenzie has starred in multiple masterclasses and modelling shoots and you have done nothing."

"Abby, the only reason she hasn't done any of that is because you haven't given her any opportunity to." Jill drawls out and Miss Abby glares her into silence. Then, the moms are dismissed and it is straight to rehearsal.

McKinna, Melissa's Daughter

"I don't know, it felt like Miss Abby was really picking on Kendall. But I'm so happy Brooke is back! Hopefully this means every will return to as normal as possible." I smile at the cameras.

So basically, these are the dances for this week. Kenzie and Brooke both have solos going on the show, Chloe and Maddie have both unaired solos and a unaired duet, the group dance and the trio. This is Kenzie's first ever time doing three dances, so hopefully she can cope. Or as mom would say, 'live up to the Ziegler legacy'. Which is ridiculous. Kenzie can form her own legacy, not one Maddie and I have made together.

"Kendall, Mackenzie, McKinna, get in here!" Miss Abby yells at us and we all run to her, passing Jill on the way over, who is talking to someone about a massage person. Don't get me wrong, KK (Kendall), is part of the team and we all love her, but it is a united agreement that Jill is just plain weird. And desperate. "Okay, so you have not only a hat, but a prop. And it is an acro routine."

"You will be using your feet a lot with the prop, including at one point, you'll bend the stick over your face and then roll over. I'm not going easy on this trio. My senior acro dancers would struggle with this routine. And you haven't even got Brooke, so it is definitely not gonna be easy. Alright..."

Okay, I'm officially scared.

-Two Days To Competition-

Kenzie and I are sitting miserably up in Dance Jail as we watch Kendall go over the duet with trio, unable to do anything. Okay, backtracking a little. Basically, this morning, Miss Abby gave us a private with Gia in the morning and with her after the group dance. Except, Jill and Kendall arrived early and changed Gia's private with us to just being Kendall. And Gianna has been really stressed lately so mom cannot even do anything. Plus, the moms hate when she goes to Miss Abby. 

So, while we wait, bored out of our minds, the cameras follow us as Christi, Holly and Kelly give us sympathetic looks. Mom comes up the stairs with three delicious looking waffles on each of the three plates. Okay, I am not so bored now.

"Waffles!" Kenzie and I say in our deepest voices, before running over to her and snatching them.

"Mackenzie Frances and McKinna Maryen Ziegler, no matter how much you love food, how many times do I have to tell you to not snatch food." we stop scoffing down the food and look ashamedly down at our feet. 

"Come on, Melissa, give them a break! It isn't their fault Jill is a snobnoxious bit-" Christi stops, correcting herself, "crabby apple." 

"Yeah, let them live a little." Kelly cheers. "You're only that young once in a lifetime." I giggle at the pun, even though I know she didn't mean it. For all you people who don't understand, Lifetime is the company who runs Dance Moms. Then Miss Abby gestures at us to come downstairs and we both gulp.

"We don't want to be tattertails." I say, panicked, knowing that we will have to tell her about KK and her mother.

"We'll understand, and I'm sure Kendall will too. But you'll be dead to Jill." I can live with that. 

We ran down the stairs and was met with Miss Abby staring us down. Kenzie and I both cowered immediately. Were we going to get in trouble?

"Why aren't you two in the private with Gianna?" she scowled fiercely. Lord have mercy please, we were just eating waffles.

"Well, um, Jill changed the private to just Kendall on the list and mom thought Gia was too stressed to take that so we were just going to practise by ourselves after we ate some breakfast." I blurted out. I really, really, really hate lying. I can never do it, no matter what.

"I swear to God, if I could move those studiohoppers to another studio, trust me, I would. Well, in that case, you both will be staying an extra two hours after class. Your mother will write your excuse for not doing that homework thing. I will not let Jill overule my decisions." Miss Abby's voice got louder and louder until she shouted. My poor, poor ears. And I couldn't even block them, because I was too busy trying to stop Kenzie from doing it. 

So, we went to the private with Miss Abby and Kendall, who was awfully quiet, and then stayed at the studio till 10 working on the trio.

Let us all be happy with the statement that at least Kenzie and I will be perfect for the duo.

No hate KK.

Just don't backstab the Zieglers.

-Competition Day-

All of us girls are at the back of the bus, huddling around as Chloe tells us about what her mom saw. Oh yeah, Kendall isn't with us. I'm pretty sure she is busying herself with making a card for Miss Abby. 

Basically, Christi walked in with Kelly and Holly, to Studio B (or maybe C) and found Jill smiling evilly as she had bribed Miss Abby with, would you believe it, a whole massage. Remember when us trio girls were on ur way to rehearsal and overhead Jill's phone call. Yeah, well, now it checks out. Seriously, can Jill not just trust Kendall's ability to dance?

"Seriously, Kendall is gonna need therapy with the way Jill babies her." Brooke says, just like a teenager. Man, who knew you could miss a teenager. Maddie and I burst into laughter, before I grab my Airpods, give her one and play 'Therapy'. Which makes me grab out my sketchbook and start drawing the routine. I'm thinking a contemporary routine, a group one because there is a lot of partnerwork that will be needed. 

Costumes could be like, asylum clothes or disco clothes. I feel like the disco ones are slightly more relevant, but the asylum ones will send a stronger message therfore giving us better results.

"I am Abby Lee Miller. When I rise in a bus somewhere, you listen to me, not the lady on the GPS, but the lady behind you, in your ear." Gosh, Miss Abby really does not know when to cut it, the poor bus driver has ben driving us since the start of his career and she still doesn't cut him any slack, and that was like, forty years ago.

Finally, to everyone's relief, we arrive safely at the competition. The dressing room is nice and everyone stays remotely calm. Except for Kenzie, who is internally freaking out. She has the most dances being aired on the show, which is why she is having a mental meltdown. Ha, I love that title. 

"Up next is acrobatics, 'The Party Starts Right Now'!" Mads and I erupt into cheers as Kenzie walks out. She'll steal this show, and the dance floor away!