Abbygeddon

A/N: I don't normally like to include videos of McKinna's solo, but I really liked this dance

A/N: I don't normally like to include videos of McKinna's solo, but I really liked this dance. The music is Runaway by AURORA, however it is not the music used for her solo this episode, and that is not the costume. Another note is that this is not the piece she presented at the ballet audition. Have a great day and thank you for reading!

McKinna
Maddie Brooke Nia
Chloe Mackenzie Paige

"Alright. McKinna, as you can see, is on top of the pyramid. Now, I'm pretty sure you all knew this was going to happen. Kinna had two solos last week, winning the junior category and coming third in the teen category. Could I throw any of you into her position and you achieve such results? I highly doubt it. Maddie, I think you need to watch your back because your twin might take your position soon." Miss Abby told my twin, which immediately made me feel bad. My twin had earned her right as Miss Abby's favorite, but sometimes I felt like I deserved it too.

This week, after the success last week, for me at the very least, the Joffery agent decided to invite us to the Joffery ballet audition. Personally, while I think all the girls have a great shot, I believe Maddie and mainly Chloe will be my biggest rivals, seeing as they both regularly do lyrical routines and Chloe is known for being the ballet prodigy, after I quit my ballet studies for contemporary. We are also attending Starbound in New Jersey, with our musical thearte group dance.

"We have three solos this week. Maddie, McKinna and Chloe. Maddie, your solo is a lyrical one called 'In My Heart'. Chloe, your routine is contemporary and based off the Queen of Hearts, 'Red Queen'. McKinna, lyrical routine called 'Finally Home', and your going to have to find somewhere for some acting classes because for this routine, trust me, you're gonna need it." Miss Abby tells us and I brighten up. I love getting solos, because they challenge and better me as a dancer.

"Moms, listen up. What these girls are wearing is disgraceful. We are in the centre of dance opportunities and they are wearing those cute, lousy outfits. You need to be dressing them like they're going to that audition every day." Mads and I exchange looks at our matching outfits and hair. We both had thought we looked professional, but maybe not. "Dismissed. Girls, ballet."

As we go outside and change into our pointe shoes, we listen to the moms complain over and over about the group routine, Holly and Kelly ranting about their daughters not getting solos and that with the audition we shouldn't be doing the competition. I think it is good that Miss Abby is challenging us with this, but everyone is different. What makes this all especially hard is we have to learn a routine for the audition as well that the judges will like. So maybe tricks, no tricks, maybe lots of arm movement and not a lot of aerials or la seconde turns. 

"First position, girls. Mackenzie, watch your feet, they're nearly sickled! Maddie, taller position. Paige, everything is wrong, you're doing third position, I know you misheard me but that is still unacceptable. Chloe, where is all that beautiful ballet technique?" Miss Abby rants as the class begins. Nia, Brooke and I all sigh in relief that we didn't get called on with corrections.

After about two hours of ballet, everyone who is hasn't got a solo has half an hour of work with Miss Abby on the ballet audition piece and then half an hour with Gia to reflect and improve. Everyone who has got a solo, me, Chloe and Maddie, gets an hour with Miss Abby on our solos, half an hour with Gia on the audition dance, and then half an hour of reflect with Miss Abby.

Let's just say that after a long day of rehearsal,

Maddog and I have never been so glad to see a bed in our lives.

-Two Days to Competition-