Nationals 90210

"We're going to the 90210 in Beverly Hills

"We're going to the 90210 in Beverly Hills. We are going to the Energy Dance National Invitational, but we'll move onto the pyramid. On the bottom," Miss Abby pauses and a familiar sense of dread overpowers me, "McKinna. You were a mess. Your needle was terrible and your plie to releve to arabesque, a pretty easy sequence for you, was horrible. You went from top of that pyramid to the bottom. I expect more from you."

McKinna, Melissa's Daughter
"This is my first time being the bottom of the bottom of the pyramid and I'm not going to lie, it sucks a lot. Right now,  I'm pretty sure I have no individual dances at all."

"Next, we have Paige. You knew you were gonna be there, you forgot your dance and you have so much more talent then you are able to show at the moment, one, because of an injury, and two, because you don't remember what you're doing." Paige and I exchange glances across the room. We're in the same boat for Nationals this season.

"Nia, I thought you could've been better. I need you to be just as strong at the end as you were in the beginning. Then we have Chloe. Chloe, you've been consistently in the top five for most of your life. Sixth is not good enough for you." Kendall, Brooke, Kenzie and Maddie are left, which Jill looks literally over the moon about.

"Kendall, you came out there strong. You were exciting, you were energized, your tricks were clean and your movements were sharp. You attacked them. Everything a great jazz dance needs to be. But where was that pretty little face?"

Brooke was revealed after that, then Kenzie and to no surprise, Maddie surfaced on top. My siblings were on top this week- and I am on rock bottom.

Maddie
Mackenzie Brooke
Kendall Chloe Nia Paige McKinna

"Now, everyone is in the group dance, though McKinna, it is a fine line." I gulped as pressure started to tense in the air. "It is very disturbing and about car crashes and texting on your phone while driving. The routine is 'The Last Text' and Maddie, Paige, Mackenzie and McKinna, you all have some special part, though McKinna," she paused, "it isn't vital. I can and will cut it at any mistake or point."

Yup. 'People You Know' turned out to be a kinda bust last week. I was was a dancing disaster. Simple things I do in every routine like russian switch leaps were so bad it was a miracle I even made top 5.

However, I have the 'DNA' trio with Auriel and Nina that is being aired, the potential special part in the group dance and a temporary solo.

"McKinna, the only reason you have a solo this week is because you are the only one that I know that can win in a pre-teen category, other than Maddie, though I'm relying on her for the junior. I don't have to enter this, so don't treat it lightly."

So yeah, Maddie has a junior solo 'Telling Myself', which is lyrical, and either Nia, Kendall or Chloe will compete against her. There's gonna be a dance-off to decide! Kenzie has a petite solo called 'Killer Bee', and it's the same music as Vivi-Anne's old solo 'Bumblebee'. So yeah, a small dig at Cathy there. Brooke has the teen solo, with her uncompeted solo 'The Diary of Anne Frank'.

I'm gonna be under the heat this week, but I'm so, so glad I have a solo. If I didn't, I would have been so dissapointed. Plus, I still have my trio and I'm really excited to see the part in the group dance.

"Okay, so let's get this set up. Chloe, Nia, Kendall and Brooke, you're gonna on the back seat. Maddie and Paige, you guys are gonna be in the  front. McKinna and Mackenzie, you see the third step, the kinda background one, you two will be there."

Kenzie and I climb up next to each other, curious. What is Miss Abby planning?

"Okay, so Paige, you are the driver." our danceteacher then tells us all choreography and everything, making my brain swirl in confusion. "And the end part. Maddie, so far you are the only survivor, but McKinna, you're gonna bolt upwards and let out a scream, which makes Maddie run over to you and drag you offstage, and Maddie, you need to pretend to be waving at the ambulances to come and help, but then McKinna, you're gonna just stop and Maddie, you will run offstage."

I scream internally. Our twin part is super duper cool and I'm over the moon. I can't mess this week up, I just can't. I have to win with my solo and the trio, as well as the group dance and nailing my special part.

Kelly, Paige's and Brooke's Mom
"The extra special treatment the Zieglers get is ridiculous. McKinna is bottom of the pyramid and she has a solo, a trio with two of the older girls, whO no one else gets to dance with, and an amazing special part at the end of the dance. Maddie is already being set up to win with her solo and she is the lead of the group dance. Brooke and Paige never get that."