Rotten to the Core

"Has anyone seen Christi at all, is she out there? Is she even coming?" Jill asks us all as I stretch and warm up, her southern drawl echoing around

"Has anyone seen Christi at all, is she out there? Is she even coming?" Jill asks us all as I stretch and warm up, her southern drawl echoing around. I'm pretty tired at the moment of all the drama, but now I've moved on from my focus of being the favorite, I can devote myself to dance, so I wish it could all just go back to normal.

"I think she's mad at me 'cause I said something about the hat." Kelly tells us all as Mom walks in. It's always Kelly at the centre of it, I think. Kelly, Christi and Holly are all my second mothers but the first two cause a lot of drama with Miss Abby.

"Which is crazy." Jill scoffs.

"It is." Holly adds and they all chuckle, but I don't see how it is funny. What I think is funny is that Holly still hasn't noticed she has foam from her coffee on her nose and Nia and I have been giggling in the back about it for ages. Suddenly, Miss Abby calls us in to Studio A.

"Alright, last week, you walked in here and you were losers. Fourth place. Today you're winners. You walk in here like 'Whoo-hoo, we won!' and that's all fun and dandy byt let's be realistic. You won by a tenth of a point. I don't want the Abby Lee Dance Company to be just one tenth of a point." Miss Abby scolds us and we look ashamedly at each other. We are better than that.

McKinna
Kendall Maddie Nia
Paige Alejandro Mackenzie Chloe

Chloe's headshot has a big Suspended in bold, black letters written on it, contrasting her happy expression. I gulp, thinking that even though I'm on top this week, next week that could be me. Paige looks very upset, because her and Chloe are like me and Maddie, tough we're actual twins.

Antonio is almost fuming at Jandro's place on the pyramid. I can see figurative smoke screeching out his ears. I'm already picturing the Kelly versus Antonio arguement coming up in Dance Jail.

"This weekend, we are going to Star Power International Talent Competition in Detroit, Michigan. Is there a studio from Ohio going all the way to Detroit? Yeah, there is. Cathy is coming back for you. We have a group routine and everybody is in it bar Alejandro. We have two solos, three duets and a trio. I want wins in every single division we enter."

"Kendall, you will be doing a solo this weekend called 'Masked', it is jazz. Maddie, you have a lyrical solo entitled 'Quicksand'. An easy first-second." We all know which way she is thinking, I think. "Our duets, Nia and Paige you have a duet called 'The Wild Child and the Wallflower', it is jazz. Now, last week, Paige, your good wasn't good enough to keep the duet with Alejandro. This is your redemption chance. Meanwhile, instead, Maddie, you will be replacing Paige in 'I Knew You Were Trouble'."

We all clap, at the producers gesture. Poor Paigey Mack. I'm happy for Maddie though, as she doesn't really get a lot of duets and one with Jandro will be special for her as he is closest to us Ziegler girls.

"We have two routines left. Kendall and McKinna, you will get to perform last week's duet I pulled. Kendall, don't make me have to do it again, understood? Lastly the trio consists of Brooke, Mackenzie and Kinna. It is entitled 'Say Yes to Heaven', it is acrobatic-lyrical. It is a busy busy week. So I expect a lot."

"Maddie, don't be so elated about your solo. It's like a default. Like, by a process of elimination really. I need somebody that's gonna win! You bet that from that boys' group, one of those boys are going to be doing a solo."

After pyramid, we find out only the duets are being rehearsed today so Brooke and Kenzie are going to a private acro class with Gia. Nia and Paige get elected to go first and the rest of us four sit and wait. Kendall and Maddie are doing some homework with each other, each with one Airpod in, while Jandro and I engage in a conversation.

"It'll be so weird, 'cause it'll be like I'm dancing with you, but it won't be the same."

"Why not? Mads and I are like one in the same." I laugh.

"Well," Jandro turns red a little, "I don't have the same connection with her as I do with you and I know the little differences that stop you from being exactly identical."

"You little charmer, you're making me blush." I playfully hit his arm. "You'll be fine, you were fine with Paige and Sophia, no?"

"Yeah, but they aren't identical to you." he protests and I dismiss it, making a little mock pout face.

Paige and Nia return and after that Kendall and I do our duet rehearsal which goes pretty smoothly being as both of us already knew the routine. Gianna seemed pleased and Miss Abby agreed with her compliment so I've got my fingers crossed that it won't get pulled this time.

-Two Days to Competition-