Dancing In Headlines

NO GIF FOR THIS CHAPTER

"Hello and welcome to this Dance Moms special episode! My name is Veronica Dunne. I'm a mega 'Dance Moms' fan and one of the cast from the Disney show 'K.C. Undercover' and today I am joined by none other than one of the original members of the elite junior competition team. Everyone give a round of applause for McKinna." the audience cheers and claps and I can't help but smile.

"Now, in today's episode, we are going to go through some of the most dramatic scenes of season 2, discover some behind the scenes and explore what happened in between season 2 and the soon to be released season 3. I don't know about you guys, but I am super excited!" Veronica is a really nice person- I met her before doing the special and she was respectful and didn't ask any confronting things about Miss Abby or the moms.

"Yeah, I'm pretty excited for this as well. I'm an open book, so a lot of stuff will be coming out today." The audience 'oohs' and 'ahhs'. 

"Well, what better way to start this special off than starting at the start. Kendall joined the ALDC at the start of season 2 and we know how much drama she and Jill stirred up. We've also heard and seen the fragmented pieces of your friendship. Would you mind elaborating on that for us?" Veronica politely smiles and I prepare myself.

"After my dad, I have a lot of trust issues when it comes to someone leaving. Like, are they gonna return? And if they do, are they just gonna leave again? So yeah, it might take a while to forgive Kendall, because as shown at the season 1 Nationals in 'It All Ends Here', my dad and I don't have a great relationship anymore." I tell them and Veronica gives me a sympathetic look.

"At least you still have your sisters though. Throughout season two, we have countlessly seen you, Mackenzie and Maddie having brilliant sister moments." Veronica cheerfully moved on to the next topic and I almost laughed.

"Yeah, as I say to anyone, I'm probably the mom of the family. I love our mom, but sometimes she gets a bit distracted, so, as the one who normally takes care of the team, I just take care of my siblings." I tell Veronica and she nods in understanding.

"Well, why don't we move onto some big drama? In 'Worst Birthday Party Ever!' and 'Guess Who's Back?', we saw you audition and recieve the role for Drop Dead Diva. How did you feel?" Veronica asks and this time I do laugh.

Getting the role on Drop Dead Diva was crazy, I loved it, but if I say the wrong thing I might get asked about favoritism and I don't want that to be what my performance was all about. Miss Abby is my mentor, but if it was about favoritism than Maddie would've gotten the role one hundred percent.

"I loved it. I loved the opportunity to dance the routine at the pretend Nationals, it was an absolutely stunning routine. The acting was really fun as well, but when you know the movements, as hard as it will be to believe, I struggled so much to fall on purpose." I confessed and the crowd oohed.

"Do you think that is because of your intensive dance training?" Veronica curiously raised her eyebrows. 

"Yeah, probably. It almost felt like I was waiting for Miss Abby to scold me. She always tries to get us to produce our best performance so to purposely fail was very tricky." I tell the host.

"Well, as a special treat, we have some exclusive clips from the Drop Dead Diva show, coming live to you right now." 

Veronica smiled at the audience and everyone clapped, including me, as I turned to face the screen facing the audience.

-

I'm pointing my foot up in the air, pretending to struggle. My leg is shaking and my whole body is wobbling.

"Point your toe Deb."  the woman playing my mother tells me as I continue to wobble.

"I can't, it's too hard!" I exclaim, an exasperated look appearing on my face.

"Just try again." my 'mother' tells me and I try, but fall. I hit the floor in frustration and give her an annoyed look. "The Nationals are next week, you've gotta push yourself Deb."

"I can't do it!" my voice raises as I plead with her.

"Well not with that attitude you can, try it again." she says sharply and I try and do it again.

(Skip to Nationals)

The music is playing and the background reads '1996 National Dance Championships'. I'm performing this gorgeous routine in a beautiful white costume. The routine is going perfectly and I reach the part where the disaster strikes.

The move I was failing at before comes up and I fall on it, making the audience gasp. My eyes connect with my 'mother's' and she gives me a worried look.