The Runaway Mom

"Let's go, girls

"Let's go, girls. Shake the lead out. Okay, now, Hollywood Vibe. Last week, you did an okay job. I thought we could have been better. Moving on, this week, we are going to Fire & Ice. Right here in Pittsburgh." we all clap and smile, standing in Studio A as we discuss the competition. "And I have a reputation to uphold. It's much more difficult to walk in and compete against people you know than a bunch of strangers. Okay, let's get to the pyramid."

I hear Kenzie let out a small groan and I smother a giggle. Miss Abby takes a step forward, and reveals the first headshot.

"I hate to do this, but, Kendall, you are back on probation." everyone gasps and I feel Kendall, who is standing nearby, start to shake as we watch tears flood into her eyes. 

"That's ridiculous, Abby. What more do you want from her?" Probably fix her technique and feet, Jill, I think. Miss Abby is always saying we need to have amazing feet and that our technique has to be flawlesss. 

"Kendall, your head is distended, your shoulders are hunded and your rib cage is open." Miss Abby starts to list and we all cower. Every single one of us, even Maddie, has faced this moment before, but we're all a lot different to Kendall, or at least Jill. We grew up at this studio, so we know to keep our ears to ourselves and our mouths shut. Unfortunately, they don't. I don't know how this is gonna end.

"Are you kidding me?! You're kidding me, right?!" Jill thunders, in absolute rage, trembling in a fit of anger. She might need therapy after this, and this time, I truly mean it. I've never seen a mom get so mad before.

"No, she doesn't make the corrections. I have been telling her since that audition about her posture and it still has not improved, not once!"

"I can't believe it, you know what? You should be on probation, not my daughter. I don't even know why I'm here, you had nothing nice to say to her since the second we got here. You know what, Abby? She does a lot right." 

"She turns like a top, but that is what is good. I don't need to fix that."

That is the first compliment I've heard Miss Abby say about Kendall, and it is in the worst possible scenario.

"There's a lot of studios out there who would love what she does right, and you know what, Abby? We are going to one of those studios." Woah. World War Three just happened, right in front of us. The two Vertes leave Studio A and we all look around, shell shocked. Will Ryleigh leave to, I wonder?

Slowly, we go through the pyramid, till it is just the third last spot.

"Next, Kinna. Last week, not only did you do wonderfully in the duo, but you truly made the audience feel the story and you led Mackenzie perfectly. Plus, you won a Hollywood Vibe schlorship. That's why this week, I have decided to take you to another Tommy Hilfiger photoshoot. You've proven yourself lately, but I still expect great things." I beam.

Kelly, Paige and Brooke's Mom
"See! McKinna, even though she is a lovely girl, gets so many more opportunities than everyone else, except for her twin, and it isn't fair. Has Brooke ever gone to a photoshoot? No. Has Abby ever even taken Paige out to any special event? No."

Nia
Maddie McKinna Chloe
Mackenzie Brooke Paige Kendall

"Moving on to the group number, we ae going to do a novelty dance. It's called 'Head Over Heels'. It's about falling in love and getting married." Miss Abby announces, which causes all three o us Zieglers to look at each other. Mom recently announced that she and her new boyfriend, who apparently had all the cash according to Maddie, were getting married. Looks like Miss Abby figured out her secret.

"Does that mean Brooke is gonna be a bride and we will be her bridesmaids?" I ask, raising my hand. I mean, the rest of us are still way to young to get married and even Brooke is only 14.

"You're gonna be dressed as brides." Miss Abby replies. "So, I want your dads to be at the competition, as if they were giving their daughters away. Alright, you're dismissed, thank you very much."

I don't want our dad to come. I prefer mom's new boyfriend. He doesn't stress out Maddie, treat me like a child or ignoree Kenzie completely. And he hasn't abandoned us yet, like Dad did.