It All Ends Here

Pyramid was pretty uneventful this week, except for the random placings

Pyramid was pretty uneventful this week, except for the random placings. We were going to Lake Tahoe for Nationals, and I'm super excited, because not only do Kenzie and I have a duet, but Maddie and I will get to spend a lot more time together, cause mom isn't going to be here, so she can't make Maddie do studying! 

Maddie
Brooke Chloe
McKinna Nia Mackenzie Paige

One, as much as I love my twin and Brooke, they should not have been in front of Chloe. I'm fine with being on the bottom for once, but I don't understand how that works. Placing second, third or below normally gets you basically bottom so it is weird. But I have a solo for Nationals! It is entitled 'Child of Mine', and is contemporary. Maddie and Chloe both have solos to, except theirs' are both lyrical routines. They have a duet and the Hylands also have a duet, plus Kenzie is in the group.

So everyone wins!

-Three Days To Competition-

Good luck at Nationals, dancingmckinnaxx, wish I could be there with you, Kenzie and ALDC.

Hmm, was Alejandro hinting he wanted to join the elite junior competition team? Cause it would be kinda good to have a boy on the team. Maddie just kept smirking at me while Kenzie just tried to grab the phone. 

Miss Abby was doing a lot of corrections today, especially Nia, for some random reason today. At least the group dance would be super fun, it is a lyrical routine entitled 'This is My Beauty' and when mom showed me the costumes, I nearly fainted because they are so pretty. And Maddie and I have a special part at the end, where we stand facing each other (no backs to the audience) and while she looks at me kind of sadly, I smile, grab her hand and run off stage. So it is super fun. Gotta love being an identical twin.

"Miss Abby, are we going to be doing anything this week apart from dance?" Kenzie asked, but hopefully Miss Abby didn't notice the underlying complaint.

"Well, if you work hard and prove to me this group dance is perfect, we can go to the lake tomorrow and have a picnic and swim if your mothers agree." my jaw dropped. No way! Abby obviously has a little soft spot for Mackenzie somewhere in that black colored heart.

After telling the girls in the dancer's den, Kenzie and I go practise our duet, full out with Gia, costumes and hair with everything because this was like our dress rehearsal. There was no other time for a full run through, only an occasional practise, so it was important we aced it. It was super fun though, because I was Alice and Kenzie was a white rabbit, so we pretended that she was leading me through Wonderland, but I was teaching her along the way. My favorite part was one hundred percent when we run across the stage and I lift her up before walking and doing an aerial while she does a pirouette.

Nationals week is super fun!

-Two Days To Competition-

Today is the day Miss Abby is taking us to the lake before we leave for some fun, other than dance of course. Which is cool and slightly confusing. For an eight year old. Maddie let me do her hair to, so it is in her favorite bun, while mine is also a bun but with some parts falling out, to create a messy bun look. Then I chose a black ruffled top with a white skirt, plus some small hoop earrings and black flowery sandals. Maddie wears the exact same, just in the opposite colors.

The picnic is super fun and we all have a great time, except for Chloe, who seems mega off for some reason. After that though, it is time to go and Miss Abby takes us to the white van taking us to Lake Tahoe. Excited to spend some time with my twin, we sit next to each other. We both have something we wanted to do with each other.

"Okay, Mads, on the count of three, we're both going to say our activity. Three... two... one... PICK UP LINES!" we both exclaim. And then everyone looks at us, eyes darting from one to the other. 

"Twin sense?" she asks and then we shrug.

"Okay, now they're just being creepy." Paige stage whispers to Nia, making everyone burst out in laughter, including the producers and camera people following us. Except for Chloe, who is sitting miserably by herself in the corner, separated far from everyone. I want to go over and talk to her, but I can see the Hylands gesturing everyone to leave her alone. 

Christi and Abby are outside and talking, so we are all waiting for them, both looking in the same mood as Chloe. What is with all the sadness around here?

"I just complained to Spotify for not naming you this year's hottest single." Maddie and I start the competition. I think I led with a good start.

"Are you an injury? Because I just want to wrap you up." she smirks back, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, here I am, what are your other two wishes?" Brooke bursts out laughing.

"If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put 'u' and 'i' together."

"Do you believe in love at first sight- or should I walk back again?"

"Is this the Hogwarts Express? Because it feels like you and I are heading somewhere magical." Yup, I win. Mads just sits there, speechless. "Harry Potter for the win, baby!"

"Not fair, you can't use the best book series alive against me!" she cries in protest, but I just sit there in all my victorious glory. 

In the end, for the rest of the trip, we do hairstyles, makeup and argue over which soccer team is the best. When we finally arrive, Chloe and Abby wander off for a talk and the rest of us decide to have an arm wrestling competition. Only Maddie and Kenzie know this, but I hold the local pub record for the most amount of arm wrestles won. So everyone is going down!

"Nope, Kenz and I are out, we don't want to go against Kinna." I pretend to cry, "We know the game, Kinna, no way in hell am I gonna bruise my ego like that." Brooke, Paige and Nia scoff.

"Come on, Ziegler 1 and Ziegler 3, Kinna cannot be that good at arm wrestling." Brookie Cookie rolls her eyes. First target located.

"Want to put it to the test, Hyland?" I grin, unable to hold my excitement to see her smile fall. We start and five seconds, I have her arm pinned down and her begging for mercy. Then Paige falls. Nia runs off before I can go for her, but we all know who would win. "Damn, if you end up quitting dance, I recommend arm wrestling as a professional." Just to show off, even further, I do a hard tumbling sequence, place my lifejacket on and go land in the boat that is taking us to our hotel. 

Finally we arrive and mom tells us to go change. Tomorrow, she is going on vacation with her boyfriend, I think his name is Greg, so like I said earlier, freedom! Abby freaks out down the bottom, but we don't care because all the team is going to go to a local juice bar and doing karaoke night. Deciding to let my hair loose, I brush out Maddie's place it into a high ponytail and Kenzie's into two french plaits ending into a low ponytail, cause she got style. Then I hand Maddie her favorite going out outfit and Kenzie an outfit she was given from the audition for Tommy Hilfiger that she loved. For me, I just toss on my favorite off the shoulder green top and the denim shorts with dandelions on mom gave me in honour of my first solo of the season. Giving Kenzie some lip gloss and then placing it in my camera bag, I take a quick selfie of us on my phone, before we all head down to meet the rest of team.

Yeah, I admit, I'm kind of the mom of the Ziegler family, even though our mom is still perfectly alive and intact. We all head down to the juice bar and Maddie and I look at each other excitedly when we see 'Dancing Queen' by ABBA as one of the karoake songs, quickly writing our names for the song. Then Kenzie and I decide we will do 'Let It Go' from Frozen before Paige, Brooke, Nia and I all do 'Another One Bites The Dust' by Queen.