Founding of the Communist Party of Ukraine (Bolschewiki)

5

5. July 1918

5. July 2023

10 years

Founding of the

Communist Party of Ukraine (Bolschewiki)

FIRST CONGRESS OF THE COMMUNIST PARTY OF UKRAINE

ПЕРШИЙ З'ЇЗД КП(Б) УКРАЇНИ

We should remember that the revolutionary struggle in the Ukraine was marked by enormous oscillations in the class battles, that on two occasions its territory was inundated with counter-revolutionary flooding, and that in addition, on two occasions, the White Guard invaded a vast swathe of the Ukraine in 1920, under Wrangel and the Poles, destroying living witnesses or selecting a spy.

The colonial position of Ukraine in the tsarist empire was first of all expressed in this fragmentation, in administrative division, in the elimination of the unification of Ukraine into one whole in political, administrative and cultural terms. When the February revolution brought down tsarism, the starting point for most activists and even for the masses was the denial, or rather, the absence of the question of united life of all Ukrainian provinces, districts and cities. Given such fragmentation of the revolutionary movement in the Ukraine, especially in 1917 and even in the first months after October, we have to admit that the workers' and peasants' revolution in the Ukraine was made up of a number of separate revolutionary movements, which only gradually formed into a general revolutionary movement in the Ukraine.

Odessa and Kiev, Katerinoslav and Donbas, Kharkov and the front, Yelisavetgrad and Kremenchug, Nikolaev and Poltava - all these individual centres of the revolutionary movement, especially in 1917, lived their own separate lives. It was only after October in the struggle for the October revolution in Ukraine that the first steps were taken to unite all these movements into a single, united revolutionary movement.

The Congress took place in Moscow on 5-12.VII 1918. 65 delegates with the Ukhvna and 147 delegates took part in the work of the congress - with an advisory voice representing 45 desks. organizations with more than 4,000 communists. The attendees were also approx. 60 guests.

Agenda:

1. Report of the Organizational Bureau on the convening of the first Congress of KP (b) U;

2. Report of the All -Ukrainian Party Provisional Committee;

3. Report of the Bolshevik faction in the People's Secretariat;

4. On the current moment;

5. About the armed uprising;

6. About state. Relations of the Soviets. Ukraine with Soviets. Russia;

7. About the attitude to the so. "Rades";

8. About attitude to others. parties;

9. About unification with the left ukr. Social Democrats;

10. About the party;