Bavarian Soviet Republic

Fight with the Comintern (SH)

for the re-establishment of the

Bavarian Soviet Republic!

Greeting message of the Comintern (SH)

to its German Section

on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Bavarian Soviet Republic

on April 13, 1919

Dear comrades,

On the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Bavarian Soviet Republic, the Comintern (SH) sends you revolutionary militant greetings.

We commemorate the workers, the leaders and members of the Bavarian KPD, who shed their blood for the liberation of the working class. We swear that their blood has not flowed in vain, that despite all this we will re-establish workers' dictatorship in Bavaria again.

On April 13, the reformist bogus government was disarmed by the counterrevolution. The Munich workers bravely fought to prevent the reaction from gaining power. The workers succeeded in defeating the enemies. On April 13, a real Soviet government for Bavaria was proclaimed, headed by the KPD. She immediately sent a letter of welcome to the Russian Soviet Republic and to the Soviet Republic, which had formed in Hungary. Lenin answered with a series of questions and suggestions for the most important tasks.

20,000 workers were given arms, and industrial enterprises and banks became the property of the people. All food supplies were confiscated and the food and commodities distributed under the control of the Soviet Government. But the Bavarian Soviet government overlooked one of Lenin's most important advices:

They did not expropriate the possessions of the landlords.

They did nothing to improve the situation of farm workers and working peasants.

They failed to secure their allies on the countryside.

Reactionary organizations stirred up the peasants against the workers. The "Independent Social Democrats" in the Soviets negotiated with the enemy instead of resolutely fighting it.

All this weakened the Soviet government, which received no help from the revolutionary forces throughout the German Reich.

So Munich was isolated and encircled. After bloody battles, the gangs Noskes penetrated on May 1, 1919 in the city. The workers fought bravely. Finally, they were left on their own and defeated by the machine guns, armored cars, guns and aircraft of the numerically superior troops of the counterrevolution. In 1919, the unity between fascists and social fascists proved to be stronger in Bavaria than the forces of the proletarian revolution. The struggle against these counterrevolutionary twins is an important lesson for the victory of the future socialist revolution in Germany and for the world socialist revolution.

Let's turn the defeat into a victory! Let's rebuild the Bavarian Soviet Republic!

Let's defeat the neo-revisionists before they can bargain with the enemy behind the backs of the proletariat to thwart the socialist revolution. Let us give Dimitrovism no chance to cheat the proletariat again with the "Popular Front".

Let us ensure that the Bavarian workers are not left in the lurch by the rest of the proletariat in Germany.

Let's build a strong German section of the Comintern (SH), which leads the socialist revolution in the whole of Germany, and thus also in Bavaria to victory and secures with the dictatorship of the proletariat.

Let's build a strong Comintern (SH), with which the whole army of the world proletariat will come to help the Bavarian workers.

Long live the 100th anniversary of the Bavarian Soviet Republic!