20th of February , 1989 Miners' strike in Kosova

Enver Hoxha

"The Kosova Albanian worker, working deep in the mines, does not allow the mineral resources to be plundered and the fields to go bad, his brothers impoverished, killed by bullets."

The legitimate demands of the people of Kosova were always fought by the Yugoslav leadership with fire and sword. But today the world knows about the bloody massacres and tortures of the army and the police, commanded by the social-fascist Serbian state.

During the Second World War, in 1940, the Communist Party of Yugoslavia announced:

"The solution of the local national question in Kosova can only be achieved by founding the free workers and peasants republic of Kosova, by the revolutionary overthrow of the fascist, imperialist regime of the Greater Serb bourgeoisie."

1943 it was still called:

"The only way for the Albanian people of Kosova to unite with Albania is to join forces with the other peoples of Yugoslavia against the bloodthirsty Nazi captives and their mercenaries." (People's Council of the Autonomous Region of Kosova-Metohija, 1943)

And the empty promises that Tito made to the Albanians in 1946 are a single mockery in the face of the sorrowful history of the Kosova Albanians:

"Kosova and the other areas inhabited by Albanians belong to Albania and we will return them to Albania." (Tito)

Titoism is not the "socialist" ideology of the "unity of the Yugoslav peoples" as the social fascists claim to this day, but exactly the opposite, namely the ideology of the capitalist-revisionist division, decomposition and liquidation of the Yugoslav federation in general, and a racist ideology of extermination of "tenth-rate" Albanians in particular.

The truth is that the striving for hegemony between the Croat-Slovenian and the Serbian social fascists took place on the back of the Albanian people in Yugoslavia."Socialism" in words, and chauvinism and nationalism in deeds - that is the anti-communist ideology of Yugoslav social fascism, which has its roots in Titoism. Titoism has destroyed Yugoslavia. The Kosova Albanians, more than any other Yugoslav people, felt the socialfascist lash.

The history of the Kosova Albanians is the history of the resistance struggle against Serbian exploitation and oppression, it is the history of the struggle against poverty and misery, the fight against political oppression and enslavement, the history of the national liberation struggle for the right of separation and self-determination.

Why is the life of Kosova Albanians so miserable despite their large deposits of lead, chromium, nickel, magnesium, etc. This question has always been answered with Serbian bullets and capital of the imperialists.

"Rich in opportunities and hopes - and yet the poorhouse of Europe" - this characteristic features have not changed in Kosova until today.

In the socialist Albania of comrade Enver Hoxha, the miners lived in prosperity and there have never been economic migrants there. However, the hardships in Kosova were and are so great (no work, no chances of survival) that hundreds of thousands of Albanians were and are forced to leave their home in Kosova to survive.

They are Serb nationalists and chauvinists who demagogically call 2 million Kosova Albanians "nationalists" and treat them like whipping boys. The truth is that no Albanian has ever oppressed or exploited any people, invaded and dismembered the territory of other nations. If the Kosova Albanians claim the right of self-determination of the nations, then this is not a "nationalism", but the Republic of Kosova corresponds to the international law on separation, which the Serbian social fascists have trampled on.