SEDUCED BY THE WOMAN NEXT DOOR CH. 08

Brianna's admission surprised me. She seemed such a modern-day woman of the world, here she was almost begging me to stay with her, but I couldn't, I had work, because at the moment I needed the income. John had stripped our savings account, the credit card still worked but it would still need to be paid. No, I needed my job. Glancing guiltily at Brianna I whispered, "I'm sorry my sweet but I can't. You know I must work. I need the money."

She frowned, "If all you need is money, I can help, you know that. Darling, money is not important."

"Brianna, that's OK for you to say, you have money, I don't. I have to work, if I don't go in then I will get the sack, I can't exist without it. I have all the expenses of the house, I have to pay all the day to day stuff."

"I will give you the money, I will pay you."

Cross at her flippant comment I snapped, "For what? Sex...am I going to be your prostitute?" I replied cynically.

She sniggered, "No don't be ridiculous, you can be my editor, I write but I'm shocking with spelling and grammar, you're an English lit graduate, you can be my editor, and if you're any good I'm sure you could get other work as well."

I was caught off guard by her suggestion. I loved book's I was an avid reader and I had always hoped someday to do something other than relief schoolteacher to a bunch of cheeky uncaring bunch of kids. I mean I enjoyed some aspects of the job, but really what Brianna suggested was my dream and she saw it, my stunned expression gave me away.

She pounced on my hesitation, "You would be an amazing editor, you have all the skills, and you love to read. I have seen your collection of books, you love the written word, you are the ideal editor."

I slumped against the wall as she carried on her assault. "Please darling, come and stay with me, live with me."

"But what about my life? My husband, my daughter, the house?"

She grinned, "The house, is just that...a house, your husband is not behaving very well, until he talks to you and you are able to sort out your lives why not come and live with me?"

"What about Debbie?"

Her grin widened, "Debbie needs to understand, you aren't her slave, you are your own woman. It will not hurt her to live with her father for a while, that way she might appreciate you a little." She gave me a firm glare, "She is almost a woman herself, she can make her own decisions."

"Brianna, I don't know what to say, I'm confused, unsure. I do love you but, John and I we have history, we are married, we have a daughter."

She leaned against me, her breasts crushing mine, her face inches away, "Darling, lets be honest, could you go back to life the way it was if he is even prepared to take you back? Is that what you want from life? Or are you now looking for more?"

I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and held her tight, her wet juicy lips nuzzling the side of my neck. "I don't know the answers to any of those questions, I can't tell you because I don't know."

She whispered wetly in my ear, "Of course you don't, how could you... Charlotte, I love you, I need you and want you to be with me. Surely you must feel the same, I'm not losing my mind, am I?"

I chuckled, "No, I feel the same way, but I can't just walk away from everything I have held dear to me."

She nodded, "What say we go back, you talk to John, suggest that he move back into the house and live there with Debbie. It will give them their own place that they are familiar with. I mean good heavens it's not like you're moving to another country, you're only an hour away if Debbie has issues."