DOCTOR'S ORDERS

"Elizabeth?"

My full name. It always caught me off guard. I looked up and saw the nurse in her light blue scrubs standing in the doorway to the waiting room.

I stood up with a smile on my face. Dressed in workout clothes like usual. Today, a brand new pair of black camo Nike running shorts. Along with a white Nike hoodie with a black swoosh across the front. And of course, white Nike running shoes with a pink swoosh. In my mind, I was already sponsored by Nike...but that was a ways off.

My long, blonde hair was pulled back into a pony tail. And it was still wet from the rain outside. My skin is usually fairly pale, but since I've spent so much time on the track recently, it's a few shades darker. My eyes are a crystal light blue. It's safe to say I have some Danish roots.

As I got closer to the door the nurse introduced herself.

"Hi! I'm Victoria" She was a couple inches shorter than me. And she certainly was bubbly.

"Still raining hard out there?" she asked as we walked through the doorway.

"Yeah! And it came out of nowhere! I was at the track...honestly it kinda felt good." I said with a bit of a laugh as we turned the corner. We ended up at a little nook with a scale and I stepped right up like usual.

"You certainly know the drill..." she said, taking out her clip board and writing as she spoke. "Still...5'9..."

I waited for the scale to level off on my weight. 122 pounds. Up a little from last time, but I expected that with the weight training my coach has me doing. I watched Victoria scribbling. She buzzed the thermometer in my ear, wrote down the number, and we were on our way.

"We're gonna head right in here..." she motioned to a door just down the hall. Closing it behind us.

"So!" she started out, as I climbed up on the big chair. I sat down, sideways. with my feet hanging off the edge. I always felt silly laying all the way back in this thing unless I needed to.

"Normal checkup? That's what I have written down..." she stared at my chart.

"Yup! I need an annual physical for sports. I run track at State, so...just wanting to be prepared for the Fall." I get a physical every year.

As Victoria noted a few things on the computer, my eyes glanced over her. She had long, chestnut colored straight hair down to the middle of her back or so. She was...thick, for lack of a better term. Or at least her bottom half was. Her breasts were large. especially compared to my own. She wasn't out of shape by any means though. From what I could tell, her arms were lean, and her waist was fairly small compared to the rest of her body. It took me a while to place it, but she had a lot of traits that reminded me of Selena Gomez.

"Well that's good to be prepared!" Victoria said. I think she was nervous for some reason. "What do you run?" She asked, as she got out a blood pressure cuff. She took the sleeve of my hoodie and pushed it up all the way almost to my shoulder. The cuff slid up my arm, and she started to squeeze the other end until it snugged my biceps.

"The 400 and the 800 last year. Who knows this year. They had a senior running the 1600 last year and I'm kind of hoping I'll take her spot.." I probably told her more than she wanted to know.

"Ah! A sprinter!" She said a little loudly as she released the air from the cuff. "That explains why you're so fit." She declared as she pulled it off my arm.