DOCTOR'S ORDERS PT. 03

I woke up the next morning relaxed and refreshed. Saturday. Sitting up in bed in my dimly lit room, I stretched my arms to the ceiling. The covers falling and revealing my bare chest. I leaned over to the night stand and grabbed my phone off the charger. The first thing I noticed was the time, 7:15. The second thing I noticed was a notification from DocsApp. I hadn't messaged Dr. Brooke again after the shower. I hoped she wasn't upset. Quickly opening it, I saw the time stamp was from this morning. 6:45.

Hey! Sorry to bother you. I took off early this morning for a getaway trip to the beach. I think I may have left my stove on after cooking some breakfast. Would it be too much to ask you to check?

A getaway trip to the beach? We lived in a suburb of Chicago. What beach was she going to??

Sure! No worries at all. I'll get over there soon. Send.

I literally rolled out of bed. Standing up and stretching out tall like I always do. I pulled down my simple, black, bikini cut panties I usually slept in and tossed them in the hamper. Pulling open my dresser drawer to find a pair of Lululemon running shorts. Not the skin tight shorts. These have a little bit of room in them, and the fabric is silky smooth. Usually I don't like to draw a lot of attention to myself, but with a name like the "Hotty Hot" short, I had to have them in bright pink.

I checked the weather app on my phone to figure out my top. In Chicago, you never know. Looks like low 50s here this morning, and then up to the high 80s by early afternoon. I planned on running after checking on her house, so I pulled a black sports bra over my head. Along with a tight fitting, long sleeve, black workout top. I pulled my hair into a simple pony tail. Brushed my teeth. All good.

After I laced up my running shoes I quickly made my way upstairs and out the door. I skipped breakfast altogether, in case her house was burning down after all. I told my Mom who was in the kitchen I was going on a run.

It didn't take me but five minutes to jog there at a good pace. When I got closer I started typing,

I'm here! How do I get in?

I waited a second, but I didn't see any typing. And then, right before my eyes, the garage door started going up. I slowly walked in the garage, seeing only one of her two cars there. I looked around outside to see if someone was there too, but nothing. Finally, there was her notification.

Did that work?

Yeah! It did, I'm in. How did you...? Send.

I can just walk in? Any security system or anything that's going to send me to jail? Send.

She was already typing.

Magic!

Haha...I kid...I had it installed a while ago so I can do it from my phone. In this case...from the plane.

Comes in handy!

There is a security system but I just turned it off...you should be okay.

This was crazy. So she was on a plane. I wondered to where! I walked through the garage and towards the door into her house. I left the garage up and made my way inside.

I'm in! Send.

I slowly made my way around the corner and into the kitchen. I heard the garage door shut after I took a couple steps inside.

"Well I guess she got my message..." I said to myself. I walked right up to the stove, clearly off. It looked like it had barely been used. Everything was so clean and tidy.

Everything looks good here! Looks like it's off. Send.

I waited a second, looking around to see if anything else was out of place. But no, it almost as if no one lived here.