Chapter 17: Drake's match

As the match against Allister was in the morning, Raihan and Seikatsu saw that until evening they weren't busy and meanwhile they were having lunch, Raihan checked the missing Gyms and the other assignments he had as MC for the Tournament:"So Seika, next one is Bede, the only note is that to not kill him: he's a toothpick, so you risk to tear him up. He's specialized in Fairy-Type. Then, at Circhester, you can choose between Melony and Gordie. I had already thought to tell them directly that you want to challenge both of them, but I preferred to ask you first."-"Yeah, it's my intention to destroy everyone. Does Opal still fight?" Raihan got surprised:"Surely you are a war machine. I don't know, honestly. She might do it after you have defeated Bede or Gyms in general. I already warn you: Bede dresses pink and thinks that it's a marvelous colour." Seikatsu grimaced disgusted:"I swear that know I desire to beat him up more."-"You wanted to say defeating him with a Pokémon battle." Seikatsu shook her head:"No, no! I beat him up! Pink is obscene!" Raihan sighed and let go:"Fine, just don't throw your hands at him. He's a toothpick, don't break him. Then, you've got Marnie at Spikemuth. If you want, I can ask Piers if there'll be a double fight: you against Marnie and him, it's fine?" Seikatsu looked at him with an inquisitor look, which made him shivering:"You're a very ambiguous guide, you know?" Raihan giggled, all nervous:"Oh come on! I don't think that I'm so ambiguous! I think that my intentions are clear!" Banette popped out, punctual like a clock:"Yeah, it's more than clear that you wanna fu...AAAAAAH!" Seikatsu took him from his tail and threw him with so much strenght to make him flying down the cliff, before he finished the sentence, then:"Beyond what Ban wanted to say, you want to see all my battles to corner me. I know that you're phenomenal on double battles. But you've never seen me having them. By the way, I accept to challenge Marnie and Pie together." Raihan scratched the back of his head:"I don't need tricks, I'm sure that I'll win. Plus, I wanna do a bet!" Seikatsu got inebriated by his propose:"Keep going, I'm interested." Raihan had a malicious grin:"So, I'm sure that in the final will be the two of us. If i defeat Iris, I'll be against Drayden. Meanwhile, you'll be against your grandpa after Lance, so for logic, we'll reach the end, no doubt. So, I want to propose: the battle will be also for my Gym too, always if you'll be on time for both Tournament and Gym Challenge but I think you'll be: if I'll win at the Tournament, I'll let you a re-match for the Gym Challenge but you'll go out with me, officially!" Seikatsu blushed and jumped, then looked away:"You hadn't a better option, had you?" Raihan smiled, satisfied:"No, definitely no! If it's the only way to ask you out, I do it. I don't get intimidated by no challenge, even if it's about you!" Seikatsu was indecided if jumping on him and kiss him or punching him, but she surprised herslef as she had just thought the first thing and tried to control herslef, then Raihan lent her a hand:"So? Deal?" Seikatsu sighed with red and flaming cheeks and looked at him in the eyes:"Deal. Prepare yourself to lose. I'll definitely not go easy on you."-"Oh, neither I'll do. Eh eh eh!" Seikatsu understood perfectly what he meant, so she squeezed his hand with much more strength, hurting him. Raihan understood that if he wanted to crack those jokes, he had to stay at least two meters away from Seikatsu.

Before coming back to Hammerlocke, Seikatsu borrowed Banette and Zoroark to Hop in order to make him studying how Pokémon can learn to talk and why, meanwhile her and Raihan went looking for Runerigus, Sableye, Gengar, Aggron and Bisharp. They found them, going around between caves and ruins, finding Sableye that had some precious stones in his mouth, which he was eating:"Awwe, I missed you, my little obnoxious stone eater!" Seikatsu exclaimed, hugging him when he jumped on her. Raihan noticed that Seikatsu's party was made by Dark-Types mostly:"Seika, are you sure you're gonna make it? Dark-Type is disadvantaged."-"Yeah, don't worry. I think that the little boy is sly as prideful. It will be really funny bending him by using something that is weak to his Type." Raihan sighed, relieved:"It's clear why Ghost and Dark-Types like you: you're awful like them, or even worse. From you, they can just learn." Seikatsu flipped her hair, pridefully:"Simply: I'm the best example!" Raihan laughed and agreed with her, ironically.

Once evening came, Seikatsu went to pick up Banette and Zoroark that were sneering and giving high-five. Latios and Seikatsu looked at each other and understood each other immediately: those two obnoxiouses had surely done something to Hop, and when they came, she said:"So, you've stressed him out?" The two exclaimed together, nodding boldly:"You can swear it!" Seikatsu shook her head smiling, then:"Come on, jump on. Let's go to see grandpa." Banette and Zoroark jumped on Latios, and he carried them to Hammerlocke in a few minutes. In the meantime, Raihan got dressed with a sport suit themed Flygon, and he waited for Seikatsu outside the Stadium. When she came, she looked at him surprised:"I didn't expect that you wouldn't have worn a bend. You look fine."-"Surely you have a very weird way to compliment. But I appreciate the effort!" Seikatsu blushed a bit, then she felt a hand on her shoulder and screamt: her grandpa Drake had come, and she got afraid:"Grandkid, you live literally surrounded by Ghosts, and the only one who's alive you're afraid of? What a bizarre grandkid! Ah ah ah!" Seikatsu felt her heart almost stopped:"You're more there than here, I'm just preparing for the moment."-"Oh, cut it out, wretched! It needs a lot to tear down your old man!" Although it was a joking moment, Raihan passed form half smile to get gloomy more and more, looking down and with a very serious and sad expression. Banette noticed him and the type of looking, but also Seikatsu noticed it, and when Drake went inside, Seikatsu got close to Raihan, smiling and hugging him: Raihan jumped for the unexpected action of the girl:"Come on, don't put on a long face. Go to host." Raihan nodded, then:"Regardless everything, I still think that you're really as weird as confuse, you know?" He said, caressing her head, then they went inside together:"Seika, at the stands, you'll have to stay alone. I must stay on the battlefield, as I do the refeer, too."-"All right, I can live without you for five minutes." Raihan laughed, and then they got separated. When Seikatsu, Latios, Zoroark e Banette went to the stands, Banette exclaimed:"Why don't we throw some tomatoes to someone's face?" Zoroark felt his paws itching:"Dont' tempt meeeee. Seikaaaaaa, can we?"-"No, we just have to cheer for grandpa." Zoroark rolled his eyes, and when Drake went to the battlefield, the big fox shouted:"GO, OLD FOSSIL, SHOW WHO YOU ARE!" Then Ban:"GO, SHOW THAT GOING OVER ONE HUNDRED YEAR DOESN'T MEAN NOTHING!" Then Seikatsu:"GO GRANDPA, DESTROY EVERYTHING!" Latios used his psychic powers to calm them down:"You three are terrible. Can I have a Latias that help me to handle you? As a single father, it's hard for me." Latios said after having calmed them down.

Raihan hosted theatrically the two challengers, and after they had a curtsy to each other, Dresna and Drake challenged: they started with Goodra and Flygon, then Dragalge and Kingdra, Noivern and Altaria, Druddigon and Haxorus, Kommo-o and Tyrantrym, and arrived at the end with one Pokémon for each other: MegaAltaria against MegaSalamence. Seikatsu got nervous a lot when she saw Altaria: with Megaevolution, it became Dragon and Fairy-Type, immune to Dragon one. Drake laughed, and he didn't lose in any way: Salamence used Ice Beam and won. Raihan declared Drake winner, Seikatsu and her Pokémon exulted, then Ban, which was held by Seikatsu, exclaimed:"You exult, but you've spent the 90% of the match by observing Raihan."-"That's not true!"-"Yes, it is!" Zoroark pecked Latios with the elbow, looking for complicity.

After the match, Dresna complimented Drake and shared her sadness about not having the opportunity to battle Seikatsu, and then she said goodbye to them, promising that she would assist to the next match. Seikatsu and her grandpa had a brofist:"You've been great, old man."-"Yeah, I'll be old, but I've never proven wrong!" Drake laughed and Seikatsu too, then Drake added:"Next time will be the two of us. I can't wait to re-match you grandkid, know it. It's been two years that I'm waiting for the occasion."-"I'll destroy you, like I've always done."-"Don't exaggerate, in the first battles I always won!" Raihan observed the scene, feeling a stabbing pain to his heart, but he controlled himself although he had tears in eyes, then Seikatsu reached him: by seeing her smiling, he got cheered up a bit and together headed to his home.

For all the way, Raihan didn't say a word and kept looking down. Seikatsu didn't question him, but to cheer him up, she took his hand. Raihan, always in silence, crossed his fingers with Seikatsu's ones. When they came home, Raihan went to the bathroom first, and when Seikatsu went out the bathroom after him, she found him giving her his back. She hugged him from behind. Meanwhile, he didn't turn around, but he limited to hold one of her hands and pouring tears in silence. Seikatsu sighed, then she lifted up and gave him a kiss on the cheek that not only surprised him, but it made him blush and stop crying. Raihan turned around and hugged her, with more affection and emphasis than usual.