19

the next day.

The windowless observation room also ushered in light, and the warm light from the crack in the door spread to the foot of the bed against the wall.

Pei Zhaozhou opened his eyes soberly, looking at the extra light strips on the ground in the empty observation room, and the golden amber eyes reflected the golden brilliance.

From time to time, the golden pupils moved slightly, chasing the light strips that changed over time on the edge of the door seam, and the quiet observation room stopped thinking.

—Zombie?

-Is it possible for Si Huaixi to become a zombie?

Pei Zhaozhou's eyes were paranoid and cold.

-He will not die, even if he becomes a zombie, he will not die.

The time spent in the observation room passed quickly.

Fortunately, there was no more zombie mutation incident. The contaminated water sources carried by people who came to the base outside were cleaned up, and no one dared to touch the water that might turn people into zombies.

There was the sound of unlocking the door.

The person who came was Zhang Lu, a staff member of the base observation room. He came in and looked at Pei Zhaozhou curiously before saying: “It’s no surprise that the observation time has passed. You can go out, but the commander came here this morning and asked me to Let me tell you that there is something to be done at his temporary base, so you should go to the commander's house first."

Pei Zhaozhou's eyes recovered a bit of anger: "Well, thank you for conveying it."

Last night Si Huaixi noticed that Pei Zhaozhou was repelling him for unknown reasons, and seemed to not want to contact him. In addition, it was too late. He just wanted to come and see how Pei Zhaozhou was. He didn’t intend to occupy the only small bed in the observation room. Offer to leave.

It was still dark when I left.

Because the clouds in the last days are always gray and gloomy, there are not even a few stars.

Before leaving, Si Huaixi looked at Pei Zhaozhou several times.

As a result, the unconscionable Maomao didn't even say a word to stay, and finally left alone, frustrated, helpless, and depressed.

The sky was dark and the roads were dark. Due to the insufficient power supply of the base, there were no street lights.

However, Si Huaixi's body has long been different from ordinary people, walking in the dark without hindrance, that is, when he walks, his back looks particularly sad and lonely.

He walked out of the observation room where he had been closed for twenty-four hours.

Pei Zhaozhou went to collect the ID card for those who entered the Lucheng base for the first time.

The staff at the base handed out a form for Pei Zhaozhou to fill out.

The staff member responsible for registering Pei Zhaozhou is a middle-aged woman. Although the clothes on her body are not very new, they look clean and tidy, and their mental appearance is much better than that of the yellow and skinny people who lined up outside the base before.

When the middle-aged woman saw that the newcomer to the base was a tall, handsome, handsome guy, she immediately trembled and said with a smile: "Young man, where are you from? No matter where you are from, you come to our Lucheng base anyway. That’s right, are you a superpower? Even if you are not a superpower, the base has a lot of work for ordinary people to do. As long as you work harder, you can be full. It’s better than going to the bases outside..."