CHAPTER 315: I am...

The wind picked up into the night and carries the rain in passing. Seoul quiets down with hardly any people and cars in sight.

However, despite the quietness of the rainy night, the sound of continuous footsteps echoes into the night sky like the sound of passing hooves.

In an area of Seoul where the shopping center goes to sleep, the streetlamps dimly light the place. Two sets of footsteps storm through the empty place.

"Ahh—! I hate you, Kim Taehyung! Why did you have to go and find trouble!"

Running with every ounce of energy he has left, Byun Baekhyun angrily curse at the still drunken man running beside him.

"It's not my fault hic*! I only wanted to save the beauty!"

Kim Taehyung yells back in response. Although he is still slightly dizzy from drinking, he can maintain the speed as Byun Baekhyun.

Neither men outran the other nor made sure not to fall. If they did, the massive group chasing them would catch up in seconds. However, no matter how fast they ran, the footsteps behind were gaining up on them.

Seeing a gap between the stores that leads to a dark alley, Byun Baekhyun pulls Kim Taehyung by the collar and turns. He shoves the man behind a huge dumpster and himself after as both their figures squat into position.

"Where did those two bastards go?!"

"Search for them! They shouldn't have gotten far!"

The moment they hid, the people chasing them stops in front of the dark alley. Their shouts echoes into the sky as they search for Baekhyun and Taehyung .

As the footsteps subdue, Baekhyun sighs in relief. He was exhausted and curse inside for not running more often.

"Hic*"

"Shh-"

He glares at Taehyung who hiccupped. His hand quickly covers the man's mouth. Even if the people had gone further, they cannot be too sure. Any small noise will catch their attention.

"Did you guys hear that?"

Suddenly, a man's voice asks from the front of the dark alley. His eyes search the darkness for any signs of movements lurking in the alley. The others had left, but a few of them stayed to be sure.

Baekhyun opens his mouth but only to scream in silence. He wish so badly to beat up the man next to him. However, he tries to think of the pros and cons of their situation. Taehyung was dumb to try and be the hero, but if he was in the man's shoes, he would have probably tried to the hero too.

*Click*

Just when he was thinking to himself, the sound of metal clicking enters his ears. The sound was faint as it mixed with the light footsteps coming in their direction, but he knows that sound all too well.

His eyes dim as the click was the sound of a pistol.

At first, he thought those men only wanted to give them a good beating, but once he heard the gun, everything became clear.

Those people clearly wants them dead.

Earlier in the club, he would have taken down the men, but there were too many people. Even if he did not harm innocent bystanders, that did not mean the other men won't. He has seen and been in situations where innocent people are dragged into a blood bath because they were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

He looks away from Taehyung and abruptly stands up. It was now or never.

"What are you doing?!"

Taehyung grits a whisper and quickly pulls Baekhyun back into hiding. He knows that he is a weak drinker, but he also understands the situation they are in. If Baekhyun reveals himself, that would attract the men's attention to him.