🏞️Dad?🌅

Published on 9/11/23

Owen is too much of a father figure to people

Also I need request like please I'm running out of drafts and school takes my ideas

***************************************************************

3rd Person POV:

Owen was watching over all the other's once again. This was something he always did since the Maze Workers let them outside (AKA a place where they can roam but they have to tell a guard and it's in closed but it's still outside so they don't complain). He saw Magic running but then quickly disappearing into the trees. He didn't pay much attention to it since he knew he needed to make sure everyone was safe and no one tried to start anything. He sat on a balcony on the boarder that they couldn't get over. But they were allowed to build and add somethings outside to make it more 'comfortable' for them (Magic threatened her dad).

Well that was until he suddenly felt a force that brought him to the ground. He was about to attack whoever was on top of him until he heard 2 familiar laughs.

It was Magic and Oeca.

"OWEN COME PLAY WITH US" They both yelled in his ear.

"OWW MY EARS" Owen yelled making a guard outside lift his head up. The 3 noticed and got up.

"P l a y   n o w" they both said quietly.

"I don't feel like playin-" Owen said right before

"GRAB HIM" Oeca yelled and next thing Owen saw was multiple of the outsiders picking him up while the guard looked at with confusion and slight fear. He was about to say something but chose not to. Owen argued for his release from the others but they didn't listen until they got to a little picnic area Graecie had set up.

"We're having a picnic and you're joining whether you like it or not!" Graecie said with a cheerful voice. No one dared argue with Graecie, not even Krow half the time. Owen reluctantly sat down as Graecie gave everyone some food and drinks. Magic and Rasbi sat on each side of Owen but slightly in front of him. They were talking about something but Owen wasn't listening very much. Well... Until Magic said something to him.

"Dad?" She asked. Owen instantly looked up to see what she was talking about. Anytime her dad was around all the Outsiders would quite literally make a shield around her to protect her. But Owen realized she was talking to him. He didn't even realize some of the other Outsiders went quiet as well.

"Did you just call me dad?" Owen asked trying to stop the smile on his face. Magic looked at him confused before realizing she did call him that. She got flustered (by embarrassment) and started rambling about how Owen was old and didn't hear anything.

"Aww you see him as a dad" Spidey putting her hands by her face like talking to a baby. Now all the others started to laugh and slightly tease her. That's when Magic playfully threw a small piece of food at Mohwee causing him to get up with a fist full of food.

"Daaaad Magic is being baaadd" Rasbi whined before stopping herself.

"If Owen is Rasbi's dad then he would be my dad too" Oeca popped out of a tree to say.

"Owen can you be my dad as well pwetty pweese" Apo begged. Owen just stared at them for a moment.

"How the hell in the matter of like... 3 minutes I now have 4 kids!?" Owen put his hands on his head confused on the situation while the others all laughed. Soon they all calmed down and finished up the picnic.

***************************************************************
Tim Ski
***************************************************************

Owen heard a small knock on his door as he was laying in his bed reading a book.

"Come in!" He called out and in came his 'new kids'. He was a bit confused about why they were in his room until Oeca came up to him holding a children's book.

"Can you read it to us?" Oeca asked. It wasn't unusual for Oeca to act a whole lot younger than the rest of the Outsiders since he was.. well the youngest with Magic being a bit older. Owen took the book and stared at it for a second. He looked at everyone else in the room. Owen quietly sighed before moving his covers for the rest to sit on and listen which they all did quickly with Oeca sitting almost on top of him, over his shoulder, to see the book as Owen read.

He opened the book to see it was a nursery rhyme type of book. He couldn't help but laugh a little as he started reading. He would glace up to see just how focused his children were. It made his heart skip a beat as he turned the book around to show them the picture on the page. He could hear small voices telling him he was doing the right thing this time. Better than when he was in the Clearing and even before. It surprised him how Rasbi and Apo wanted to be apart of his 'children' even though he was a demon killer before the Maze, but also in the Maze. Now they sat next to each other on his bed with their legs crossed as they listened intensely.

Magic as well but she sat on her knees sometimes shifting to lay down. The one he betrayed the most. He had helped her so much throughout the Clearing doing anything to protect her and yet he would lie to her even when he told her not to lie. He now had a second chance. Oeca knows about Owen's actions but doesn't hold much against him since Oeca wasn't as innocent as he is now. The small voices told him to do better this time. Don't let any moment go to waste and forget the actions before and in the Maze. If he could he would go back and change everything. But he didn't need to.

Soon Owen had finished the book and saw Rasbi laugh and point at his shoulder. He looked over and saw Oeca fast asleep leaning on him. As well as Magic laying her head in his lap. He looked at the other two and smiled shifting his body carefully as to not wake up the younger ones so they can lay down as well. Rasbi laid her head on his left shoulder as Apo got up to shut off the light before going back to the bed and laying right next to Magic with his head on Owen's lap.

Owen watched as the last of his children fell asleep. He had a smile on his face the whole time. He didn't even realize the tears that formed in his eyes that started to fall. He couldn't move his arms to wipe them, but he didn't want to anyways. These were tears of happiness not sadness. Well maybe a little bit that doesn't matter. He could be happy now. All of them could. That's all that he wanted to begin with... He hopes this moment stays like this forever.. Soon Owen, just like his children, fell asleep into the world of dreams. Maybe he'll see Ash again. Talk to her about all of this. Hopefully she's alive...

***************************************************************

AAAAAAAAAA I LOVE HOW THIS CAME OUT!!!!

Total words: 1238!!!