dna tests

Lip and Ian decided to stay at their place, so I stayed over and slept in Fiona's room with Lip. I called Diana while Lip used the bathroom.

"So, Monica's in charge now?" she asked me.

"Yea, along with her bitch girlfriend who's trying to take Liam away," I said.

"WHAT?!"

"Yea, because Liam's black and she's black, that means the kid belongs with her, right?"

"That's bullshit."

"I know," I said, "You should've seen the look on all their faces. Monica should've never come back."

"Sounds like it," she said, "Look, I need to go to bed. I have an English quiz tomorrow. I'll see you at school, though?"

"Yea," I said, hearing Lip walking down the hall, "I'll see you tomorrow. Bye."

I hung up as Lip walked in, "You were in there a while. Everything ok?"

"Yea," he said, "Monica and Bob were using the upstairs bathroom."

Lip got under the covers and scooched next to me. 

"How long do you think she'll stay here?" I said.

"Don't know. Not that long," he said, "Bob wants to do a DNA test for Liam to prove that he's not Frank's so they can take him."

"They can't fucking do that!" I said, "Fuck that cunt. Who does she even think she is?"

Lip shook his head, "We need to figure something out."

I squeezed his hand, "It's gonna be ok. Let's just sleep for now, ok?"

He nodded and turned off the light, wrapping his arm around me and putting his head on my shoulder.

"Good night, Mayo."

"Night, Lip."

______________________________________________________

The morning after, Monica was trying to run the house and get the kids situated, but she had no clue what she was doing. Meanwhile, Bob was sitting on her fatass doing nothing. 

"Monica, Carl needs something from you," Lip said.

"What's this?"

"Permission slip."

"Oh, you're going to the aquarium! When?"

"Today," Carl said, "Need $10."

"What for?" Bob said.

"Admission fee."

"School doesn't pay for that?"

Our school district was broke. Of course, they weren't gonna pay for that. 

"No, they need money for food," Lip said.

Monica turned around, "Debs, what are you doing?"

"I'm looking for a posterboard and markers. Running for re-election," Debbie said.

"Ian, Mayo, would you help her?" Monica said. We exchanged looks and got up anyway, "If you would all tell me these things the night before, it'd be a little better in the morning."

Fiona didn't need to be told those kinds of things the night before. She was always on her feet. 

"I need forty bucks," Lip said.

"No!" 

"Bob, do you have a five?" Monica said.

"In my wallet where it's going to stay," Bob said as Liam fussed in her lap.