jesse pinkman's wet dream

Diana, Ian, and I started our junior year, and Lip was going to start his senior year, but apparently, he was dropping out. I say apparently because there's no way Fiona was going to let him go through with it. He had one year left and was so close to graduating, getting a diploma and maybe even going to college.

The regular routine was that Diana, Blake, and I would come to the Gallagher's in the morning and help out/drive everyone to school.

We walked in, and I immediately cringed.

"Christ, it smells like Jesse Pinkman's wet dream."

"Who's Jesse Pinkman?" Fi said.

"This hilarious crackhead on a show called Breaking Bad," I said.

Fiona was in the kitchen making PB & J's when Debbie came downstairs.

"Where's Grammy?"

"Frank took her to Sheila's. She was having trouble breathing," Fiona answered.

"The chemicals from the fire were aggravating her emphysema," Ian added.

"Will the chemicals give us emphysema?"

"Probably, but we won't know for another 50 years," Diana said.

Carl came downstairs with his football helmet. He and Blake played football for the town, something that Jenna and I didn't like all that much because of how violent it was, but he was getting exercise and making friends. So that was good.

"Carl, the team gives you one helmet," Fi said, "And if you break it, we can't afford to replace it."

"Don't matter," Carl said, "Season's over."

"What?"

"Coach got arrested for exposing himself in the park," Ian said.

"He was peeing behind the shed, and a couple of 7-year-old girls saw his schlong," Blake said.

"I don't get it," Carl said, "Half the world has penises. Why do people get so upset about seeing them?"

"Context."

"What's that?"

"When, how, where, and with who," I said.

"Ian, you played. You could coach," Carl said.

"I can't. I got to work after school, guys, sorry."

"You're going to school early?" Fi said.

"Chemistry study group," Ian said.

"You sure you don't want a lift?" I said.

"Nah, but thanks, Mayonnaise!" he said, "Gotta get the extra steps in, anyway."

"Can either of you coach?" Carl said, looking at Fiona and I.

I shook my head.

"I know nothing about football," Fi said.

"It's just boys crashing into one another with pads and... some rules," Debbie said.

"Ask Lip?" I said.

"He won't do it," Carl said.

"Wake him up and ask. Can't hurt," Fi said.

"LIIIIIP!!" Carl yelled, startling all of us.

"Jesus!" Diana said.

"I could've done that! Upstairs, please!" Fiona ordered.

Carl went upstairs, but he couldn't wake Lip up.

"Debbie, go brush your teeth. And tell Lip that ice cubes are going down his shirt next," Fiona said, "He's missed a week of school already."

"Has he even found a job like he said he would?"

"Nope," Fiona said.

"Of course."

"Morning, Gallaghers! And Antonellis," Steve said, just walking in with Estefania, "Who likes coffee and doughnuts?"

"Ooh, me!" I said, grabbing one that said cappuccino. Estefania was on the phone speaking Portuguese. I knew Spanish and some Italian from my grandparents, but she was speaking so fast, and I was tired, so I couldn't really comprehend it. 

"Lip won't get up," Debbie said, "Ooh, thanks for the doughnuts, Jimmy."

"Alright, Debs, I think it's time you give it a rest," Steve said.

"Fat chance, Jim Jam," Debbie said.

"Yea, yummy doughnuts, Jimbo," Carl said.

"Ok, guys. Let's go!" I said, grabbing the keys "We're gonna be late for school."

Everyone got in my car and we drove off. I didn't know what Steve was doing back, and why he always had that wife by his side. Like she was surgically attached at the hip. But who knows why Steve does what he does? The things we do for love, I guess. 

____________________________________________________________________

I had to use the bathroom during US history, and I saw Lip and Karen just chilling there. Both were on the window sill.

"Oh, so you're back now, huh?" I said to Lip.

"Yea, Fiona and I reached an agreement," Lip said, "She and I will get a diploma together."

"So, she'll take the GED?"

"Yea."

"I'm gonna give the baby up for adoption," Karen blurted out. That did sound better than being raised by a mom who had a tattoo of the word whore on her arm.

I went into the stalls and continued to listen to their conversation. When she was talking about her baby, she said she was just gonna vag it out and sell it. It made me feel sick to hear her talk about that process. And of course, she was focused on money, because why wouldn't she be? 

When I got out, I saw Karen smoking Lip's cigarette.

"Hey!" I said, "You do know you're not supposed to smoke while you're pregnant?!"

"Don't care," she said coldly, "And I don't think you can talk to me like that."

I chuckled, "Sorry, I'm actually a decent person, and I care about not polluting an unborn child."

"So?"

"Just saying when that kid comes out unable to stop drooling, we'll know why," I said, walking out of the bathroom.