i love you too, shithead

Jenna handed Blake, Diana, and me our lunches. We were about to head out for school when my phone rang. 

Incoming call, Ian. 

I picked up, unsure of what he needed, "Hey."

"Mayo, put Jenna on the phone. And quickly."

Since Jenna was a bail bondsman, I could only assume that he or Lip was in trouble.

I sighed and handed her the phone.

"Jenna, it's Ian. Said he needs to talk to you."

She raised an eyebrow but grabbed the phone nonetheless. 

"Ian? You did what? Christ, what the hell? What were you two thinking? Of course. Alright, we'll be there."

Yep, I was right. They got their asses in jail.

"Alright, Diana, get Blake to school," She said before motioning to me, "Mayo, let's go."

"What'd they do anyways?" I said as we got in Jenna's car. 

"Ian escaped, but Lip got caught stealing science equipment and tried to assault a police officer," she said, "Let's see how much it takes to bail him out."

Lip pleaded not guilty, needed to set a prelim date, and the bond was 500. Not bad at all. Ian and I waited outside for him, and we gave him hugs.

"You owe Jenna big time for this, you know," I said, pushing him backward.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry," he said, "I'll buy her a gift this week."

"You will, or I swear to god, I'll-

"Hey, hey," he said, picking me up and spinning me around. I laughed and held on to him tightly.

"I can't stay mad at you forever," I smiled.

"I love you, Mayo."

"Yea, I love you too, shithead."

We kissed before he put me down.

_____________________________________________________________________

That night, Lip was working on his rover for a competition at the Gallaghers, and Debbie, Blake, and Carl were fascinated.

"What's that?" Fiona asked as she came inside.

"It's a miniature Mars rover mounting a helium-neon laser on it."

"We're gonna blow shit up with it," Carl said.

"Hey, language," Fiona said.

"You sound like my mom," Blake said to Fi.

"Oh, hey," Lip said, "Final notice on the property tax, you going down there tomorrow?"

Ian came down the stairs, "Later."

"Where are you going?"

"Study group."

"On what? Human anatomy?" I said, making Ian flip me off before he left. I chuckled and directed my attention back to the robot. 

"No dinner?"

"No Jimmy," Debbie said.

"No cookies after school either," Carl said.

"He wasn't here when you came home?"

"No, and his Beemer's still out front," Debs said, "Want me to open a can of tuna?"

"Sure."

I could tell Fiona was concerned. I was a little concerned too, to be honest. More concerned that Jimmy was gone for less than twelve hours than that Frank was gone for four and a half months. Debbie was still the only one in the family who cared about Frank. Soon she'd stop caring and realize he wasn't worth the trouble. Hopefully.