go home

I called Diana and updated her on everything. And I meant everything. I was still really freaked out from Thanksgiving dinner, but it was probably nothing compared to what the kids felt. Or Fiona. 

The next morning, Lip came in as I made coffee.

"Hey?"

"I'm done with Karen, and for good. She's a bitch," Lip said, "Jesus Christ, that girl doesn't even care about what happens to her baby!"

I walked towards him and kissed him, "Good. It's for the best. And where is the baby right now?"

"With Sheila, but Karen wants Sheila to take the baby back."

I scoffed, "Cunt."

The doorbell rang. I was pretty sure it was Fiona, but I walked over and opened it to make sure.

"Hey, Fi."

"Hey, is Lip there?"

"Yea, come in."

Fiona walked in and the two of them made eye contact.

"How'd you find me?"

She shrugged, "Best guess. How's Karen?"

"Still a fucking bitch," I said.

"I passed my GED," Fiona said with a smile, gaining no response from Lip, "Don't look so surprised."

"I'm not. That's um, that's great."

"So, uh deal's a deal."

"Too late, spilled milk," Lip said. I rolled my eyes. Fucking shithead.

"I passed, you go back to school."

"Water under the bridge."

"Knock off the clichés!" I said, trying to help Fiona make her point.

"Road not taken," he said.

Fiona looked like she was about to give up, "I want you home, Lip. We all do."

Not gaining a response, she left, and I followed her out, "Don't worry, Fi. I'll crack him."

______________________________________________

We had sex again that night and smoked a cigarette in bed. With everyone else still out of the house, I could do whatever I wanted.

"What's on your mind?" I said.

"Dunno."

I sighed, "Look, Lip, I love having you here, I do, but you need to go home."

"What, are you kicking me out too?"

"Maybe, but I'm doing it because I love you."

I flicked my cig out the window and placed my hands on his face before kissing him.

"It's where you belong," I said, "Everyone there loves you, and they need you."

I slowly rested my head on his chest and fell asleep before I knew it. 

______________________________________________________

The next night, with Diana and Blake, we all went over to say hi to everyone, and so Blake and Carl could have fun and play BB guns with Jimmy. 

Frank came in and didn't say a word and walked straight toward where the squirrel fund money used to be. 

"Jesus, Frank. We're broke," Fiona said, "I haven't hidden money in there since you cleaned us out last May."

"Where is it?" Frank said.

"There is no money."

He scoffed and grabbed the Modelos in the fridge, but not before Ian tried to grab them. This caused a fight. Frank had Ian backed up against the wall and got up in his face. We all screamed and tried to get him off Ian, but then Estefania came in and saved the day, knocking him out with a frying pan.

She said something in Portuguese, and everyone looked at me because they knew I spoke Spanish and Italian, "Uh, something about sons of bitches who hit children get hit?"

I looked at her and put my hand up for a high five, "Badass!"

Estefania smiled and high-fived me.

We all took Frank and left him outside. As we examined Ian's hickey, the door opened, revealing Lip.

Fiona smiled and hugged him, and then Debbie joined, and then everyone else, started a group hug. When everyone got off of Lip, he walked over to me. I spread my arms out to hug him, expecting him to hug me back, but instead, he kissed me passionately. 

Everyone clapped or cheered, and even though I flipped them all off mid-kiss, I didn't care. I was happy.