it wouldn't change anything

Remember how Mandy said she was gonna take care of it? Well, long story short, Karen was in the hospital. Mandy took her car and ran her over. She was unconscious, and they weren't sure if she was gonna make it or not.

"What the fuck, Mandy?" I said, angrily, "What were you thinking?"

"You asked me to take care of it."

"Ok, one I did not ask you to do shit! Two, I didn't expect you to leave her within an inch of her life!" I said.

"You could go to jail for this if they find out it was you, Mandy!" Diana said.

"Like I had any other future," she said, "It was either this or pregnant."

I rubbed my head nervously and started panicking. Like really panicking. Like having a panic attack panicking. 

"Oh my god, oh my god," I said, "This, this is really bad."

My entire body was numb. The fact that I didn't pass out was a miracle.

______________________________________________________

As if that wasn't bad enough, Lip's mind was totally preoccupied with Karen. Even when we were having sex, he couldn't get hard because that's all he was thinking about.

"Sorry about that," he said, getting off me. 

"It's ok. It happens."

It wasn't ok, though. Nothing about this situation was ok.

"No, it's not you," Lip said, "I just can't get Karen getting hit by that car out of my mind."

I sighed, getting up and grabbing my clothes, "I gotta get to school. I'll be late."

"No, wait. I can focus."

"No, it's fine," I said, "We can give each other handjobs during lunch in the shed or something."

"As fun as that sounds, I don't know if I'll be able to do lunch," Lip said, "I'm going to visit Karen in the hospital."

I put on my shirt and glared at him.

"She's in a coma. She won't even know you're there."

"It's the right thing to do."

The right thing to do. Yes, because he was always focused on the right thing with me.

"Fine, do what you want. See ya," I said bitterly before walking out and downstairs.

"Hi, Mayo."

"Hey, Debs," I said before leaving. 

"You ok?"

"No, your brother's an asshole who still cares about that bitch Karen," I scoffed, slamming the door on my way out.

_______________________________________________________________________

After school, Diana and Mandy went back to my house to get ready for a double date while Ian and I talked about Mickey's wedding. She was this hooker from Russia apparently. It was driving Ian insane. 

"Ian, I'm sure he doesn't even want to marry this girl," I said, "I mean, it's Terry. He's a raging homophobe who probably believes that you should marry when the woman gets pregnant."

"I know," Ian said, "But I know that what he felt with me is real. He's just too scared to admit it."

I hugged him tightly.

"It's ok, Ian," I said, pulling away.

"How are you doing, though?"

"Awful," I said, "I can't believe Lip is going to visit Karen. What does it even matter? She never cared about him. And I do. I do all of these things for him, Ian, and what do I get in return?"

"I know, it's idiotic," he said, "I'll talk to him for you."

"I don't really think it'll change anything at this point," I said, "Besides, you've got bigger problems right now."

My dad texted me, saying he wanted me to cook tonight.

I sighed, "OK, I have to go. But take care of yourself, ok? I love you."

"Love you too, Mayonnaise."

After I finished cooking the chili, I spaced out for the entire dinner, and all I could think of was: How am I gonna make this right? If Lip finds out it was Mandy, it's all over.