this is between us

"No answer?" Ian said.

"No," I said, hanging up the phone,  "I stopped by her house today. Iggy said she wasn't there but wouldn't tell me where she was. I'm telling you, she's gone incognito."

Mandy was pregnant, and Terry was convinced it was Ian's, although it wasn't. But it would be a thousand times worse if Terry knew Mickey and Ian were hooking up, and more so, that his son was gay.

If I'm gonna be honest with you, I had no idea who the father was. She got with so many different guys it was hard to keep track of. That and she only used protection if the guy brought it with him.

After Ian called her one more time, we walked into Kash N Grab, only to find the store a mess, and the window smashed.

"Jesus Christ," I said. 

We spent the next half hour cleaning the place, and I looked around "We're gonna need to call someone about the window."

"Mayo, that's the last thing I'm worried about right now," Ian said, "And honestly, I envy the window."

I raised my eyebrows because honestly, I'd envy the window too. As we were stacking, Lip came in.

"Fuck, hey, those skinheads again?"

"Mandy's dad. Heard the news," Ian said.

"You and Mickey?"

"Mandy," I said, "Pregnant. I doubt he would be so lenient if he found that out."

"Well, congratulations. Didn't know you switched teams," Lip said, "Or was it just a late night, stuck it in the wrong Milkovich?"

"He told Linda he's gonna put my feet in that meat slicer, work his way up."

"Linda call the cops?"

"You think she wants this place firebombed?" Ian said.

"We don't know whose it is," I said, "She won't call me or Ian back."

"Check school?"

I shook my head, "She usually goes into hiding somewhere until her dad cools off. The last time he was mixing speedballs and vodka, she was with us for a week. We tried her aunt's, but she wouldn't let us in."

Actually, when Ian and I went to her aunt's and asked if she was there, she pulled her piece out and threatened to blow our brains out if we didn't leave.

____________________________________________________________________________

I was gonna drive Debbie and Carl home, but Monica beat me to it. So, I just waved and drove home.

"Is their mom gonna stay with them now?" Blake said.

"Would not count on it," I said, "Your dad's coming this weekend, right?"

"Yea, he's gonna take me and Diana out somewhere," he said.

"Oh, that's nice."

Diana and Blake's dad was a douche, and he and Jenna were not on good terms at all because he cheated on her. But he loved his kids. That's much I could say about him. They were probably gonna spend Thanksgiving with their dad too.

___________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, this whole thing with Terry was getting worse. It was to the point where I refused to leave Ian's side because I didn't feel safe leaving him alone.

It was getting dark out, but Ian and I had to take care of the store, so we sat behind the register. The door opened, and Ian pulled out the gun Kash had. Speaking of Kash, I was so glad that creep was gone.