i've lost him forever

I woke up early the next day to get coffee for Lip and me. Coincidentally, it was the same coffee shop Jimmy worked at. I also strung Blake along with me because he wanted to see Carl.

I walked in and saw Lip sleeping on the couch, so I ruffled his hair to wake him up.

"Hey, you ok?" I said.

"Yeah, just fell asleep watching women's boxing," he said, making me laugh.

"I got this for you," I said, giving Lip the coffee cup and kissing him quickly.

"Thanks, Mayo."

"Yea, of course," I said, "Want me to drive you and Ian to school?"

"Sounds good."

The rest of the Gallaghers came downstairs pretty quickly except for Ian who had a "stomach ache".

"Love the suit, Fi," I said.

"Thanks," she said, "Any more pop tarts left?"

"Carl finished them," Debbie said, "He ate three."

"I'm a growing boy!"

Jimmy came in with Liam on his shoulders, "Little broski took a big boy dump on the big boy toilet!"

We all cheered. Fiona had to run to work, and Lip and I went upstairs to check on Ian—the poor thing.

"Dude," Lip said, throwing something at him, "You gotta get up at some point."

"Give him a break," I said, "He remembers how bad I was when I found out Karen was pregnant."

"I'm losing my mind," Ian said, "I can't stop thinking about the wedding."

I sat down and rubbed his back.

"Look, last time," Lip said, "Stay as far away from that car wreck as possible. It's not worth it."

It was hard to disagree with Lip, but my friend was upset, so I was still going to comfort him. 

"I gotta help Mandy set up at the VFW this afternoon. Lip, you wanna help?"

"I promised I'd go to Sheila's. Karen's getting home tonight. Gotta help set up."

I bit my lower lip and shook my head, annoyed that he was still involved with this. It had nothing to do with him.

"I'll go," Ian said.

"Aren't you sick?" Lip said. Ian gave him a look and left the room.

"Jody and Sheila can do this on their own, they don't need you there," I said.

"They have a lot of stuff," Lip said, "She can't even walk by herself yet. She's got frontal lobe damage. The dude who hit her probably doesn't even have a scratch on him."

He looked at me, almost like he was implying something, but I shook it off. It was probably just paranoia anyway.

I sighed, "Whatever. Hurry up. I need to get everyone's asses to school."

___________________________________________________________

Diana and I got dressed for the wedding at home, and Jenna helped us pick out the dress.

"You look gorgeous, Mayo," Jenna said, "Doesn't she, Martin?"

My dad nodded, "Maelyn, your mother would be so proud of how well you're doing, and that you're turning into a beautiful young woman."

My dad was tearing up, and I smiled to keep from doing the same, "Dad, stop. I can't cry. I just put on makeup."

"OK, I'll stop with the sentimental stuff," my dad said, wiping his nose, "Have fun, girls."

_____________________________________________________________

I drove to the Gallagher's and went inside while Mandy and Diana waited in the car. I found Lip still in his regular clothes upstairs.

"Why aren't you dressed?"

"I have errands I have to run."

"You said you were going to be ready at this time," I said, frustrated, "Come on, what's going on?"

"I've got a lot of stuff on my mind, OK?" Lip said.

"And you can't talk to me about it?" I said, "Your girlfriend?"

"No!" he said.

I stared at him, not knowing what to say before throwing my hands up, "You know what, Lip? If you'd rather help that fucking vegetable, then fine. Don't bother coming."

I stormed out of the house and into the car.

"You don't look happy," Mandy said.

"Lip's been avoiding me like the plague. And now he says he has errands," I said before driving off, "Mandy, how much are three shots of tequila gonna cost me?"

"Dude, you're DDing," Diana said. 

I slammed my hand on the steering wheel as I remembered I couldn't drink, "FUCK!"

____________________________________________________

The wedding was boring and short, but the bride was gorgeous, even if she was a whore. While Lady in Red was playing, Lip barged in.

"Mayo!" He said, "Come here."

"Oh, you finally decided to haul ass here, huh?" I said, kissing him before he shoved me off.

"You ruined Karen's life!" He said, "You're a jealous, demented cunt, Mayo, seriously! We're done, alright?"

"Hey! Enough!" Mandy said.

"Back off!" Diana said.

"Fuck you, Diana!"

"Hey!" I yelled, "Let's take this outside."

Lip grabbed my wrist and practically dragged me outside, and it left a mark.

"Ow! Jesus! Please. Lip, let me explain," I said.

"Oh, yes, please explain how you turned a girl brain dead."

I started crying.

"Lip, she called me and threatened to baby trap you," I said, "I didn't know what to do, and I was with Mandy and Diana, and Mandy said she was gonna handle it. I didn't know she was going to do that, I swear. I would've stopped her if I did. Please, Lip, you have to believe me."

I was bawling my eyes out, clinging onto him and begging. Lip didn't care though. I could tell that he didn't believe me, or care at all that I was having a sobbing panic attack.

"You know what?" Lip said, "Just stop with your excuses. We're done."

"No, Lip please, please!" I said, screaming and sobbing. My makeup was probably a mess at that point, "Please don't do this. I'm sorry. I'll do anything."

"You are a terrible person, Maelyn," he said, "I never want to speak to you again."

He pushed past me to get back inside and find Ian. Mandy and Diana came out and found me.

"Oh my god, what happened?" Mandy said.

"He dumped me," I said, my sadness turning into "Because of you."

"Mayo, I can talk to him, I-

I pointed my finger at her, "Fuck you, Mandy. Fuck you!! Fuck you!"

"Hey, hey, hey," Diana said, grabbing my shoulders, "Come on. Come on. Let's go home."

Diana led me outside while I was hysterical, and she drove home because she hadn't had anything to drink except for half a beer if that. 

"I did it, D," I said, "I did it to myself. I've lost him forever."