stay away from this baby

"Oh, look at you!!" I said, smiling as I looked at Debbie's outfit for the party. Her hair was straightened and pulled back too.

"Is that good or bad?"

"Good! You look great, Debs," I said, pinching her shoulder.

In the next few hours, Diana and I ordered some pizzas, Ian made popcorn, and Lip cleaned up the house. 

Some more guests came including Mandy, Blake, and one of Carl's delinquent friends named Little Hank.

"Hey, party girl," Mandy said, "Brought a few black lights. Thought it'd set the mood."

"Thought those were mainly for finding cat piss," Diana said.

"My dad uses 'em to snuff out fake bills," Mandy said.

Fiona came downstairs wearing a shimmery top and lots of eyeliner.

"Lookin' hot, per usual, Fi," I said to Fiona.

"More skin, more skins," she said. 

Carl, Blake, and their new friend, Little Hank, came in.

"Ding dongs! Awesome!"

"They're for guests!" Debbie said. 

"That's why we brought one," Blake said. 

I shifted my crop top so it would show a little under boob, and lowered my shorts a bit. 

"Whoa, sweet," Carl said, looking at me.

I pushed his head, "Go outside and help your brothers."

An hour later, we started the movie and right after I finished my first slice of pizza, I felt someone tap my shoulder.

"Mayo, can you come upstairs for a sec?" I heard Lip's voice in my ear.

"No," I said flatly.

"Maelyn, please," he said, "It's important."

He never called me Maelyn. Ever. I looked over at Mandy and Diana who gave me the affirmative.

"Fine. But you have five minutes."

We walked upstairs into his room which used to be Fiona's room, but now that Frank was out, he'd basically taken her room and Fiona took Frank's.

"When are you gonna stop punishing me?"

I scoffed and shook my head.

"I don't know. How about when you stop trying to find dirt on Karen's fiancé and paying Carl to stalk her?!" I said, "And I know you went and fucked her right after we fucked in the car.  I mean, why would I be mad at you for that? Only a crazy person would be."

Lip sighed.

"Are you serious-

"No, are you serious? I mean, what the fuck, Phillip? I'm not going to apologize for being upset because I have every right to be."

"Mayo, I never promised you anything. It's not like we're dating, or that I ever had any intention of being in a relationship with you," Lip said, "We're friends."

"So, what? Do you just sleep with all your friends now? Huh?"

"What? No!" He said, "It's just- it was a mistake. Ok?"

My mouth opened, and I started to tear up.

"A mistake? A- a mistake?" I said, my voice cracking. I could tell Lip felt bad, but it didn't matter. He said what he said.

"We've been sleeping together for months, holding each other, showering together, telling each other our deepest darkest secrets, and now you wanna say it was a mistake?!"