Chapter 29

Submissive

I froze for a bit. Hindi man lang ako nakagalaw agad noong inihulog niya ang sigarilyo at naglakad papasok.

Just like how I spotted him at the party and the way he moved in the CCTV footage, it was smooth, with no trace of interest in him, as if he's unfazed by what's in front, even if it's a gun.

I watched his movements. Ngayong mas nakikita ko siya nang malinaw, ibang iba siya sa huli kong kita sa kanya. His hair was pushed back, but there were some strands that kissed his thick brows. His eyes—gray—seem so foreign and full of mystery that you can't even predict his movements, even though he looked so calm.

"Rum?" he offered while walking to where he put the bottle.

Sinundan ko ang kilos niya, sinisiguradong hindi nalilingat dahil pakiramdam ko, mahuhulog ako sa bitag niya kung kumurap man lang ako.

He poured another drink and raised his brow a bit, looking at me with only his eyes moving.

"I'm unarmed," he said, taking a sip on his drink.

I felt like I was seeing a foreign version of Trison. Someone who only looked like him—a hot and intense version with a massive body, tall height, and ferocious demeanor—opposite his old self.

"If you don't want to shoot me, then you can keep it away from me?" He laughed a bit.

Sa lahat yata ng tinututukan ng baril, siya lang ata ang kalmado at tila ba walang pakialam. O akala niya... hindi ko kayang magpaputok?

"What happened?" I asked with my dark stare.

He stuck his tongue out and licked the side of his lips while thinking.

"Sikat na sikat ka sa tv. You're... the most wanted not just in the Philippines but even internationally!" I hissed and looked at his chest, confirming that my eyes were still there.

Mukha siyang nag-isip isip saglit, but at the same time, he seemed less interested.

"Tell me the truth, please..." I pleaded.

Tumingin siya sa akin, nakaangat ang kilay, tila ba ang bobo ko sa parteng iyon para hingin sa kanya ang totoo kung nakabalandra na iyon sa telebisyon, at isinasampal na ngayon sa akin ang kaguluhang tila siya ang may pakana.

"There were men after me. They wanted to take me. Are you... part of them?"

"I am the boss," he said blatantly.

My shoulder loosened. Halos dismayado ko siyang tingnan habang nakatitig kami sa isa't isa. His gray eyes—with no amount of hope—gaze at me emotionlessly.

"I run the syndicate that's after you at the moment," he continued in a cold voice.

"You let the darkness consume you," I whispered slowly.

"I never wanted the light, Ferrarin..." he whispered back.

Then... this is his own choice? He wanted this? He... pursued a path that's opposite from the Trison I used to know.

"And was it worth it?" I asked calmly, my voice full of disappointment.

"Almost."

Lumunok ako. "There's... still a chance. Maybe... if... you surrender right now... the police will..."

He bowed his head and laughed. Noong iangat niya ang mukha, kita ko ang nakakalokong ngiting lumandas sa labi niya, at ang nanunuyang titig niya.

"I have a bounty in my head. You think they would let me live?" He arched his brow.