Chapter 37

Truth

Tiningnan ko ang katawan ni Trison. Nanginginig akong tumayo at lumapit doon. Hindi man lang nakalapit at kaonti nalang, napaluhod na ako sa panghihina.

There's... there's blood. Where was he shot? Is it fatal? But with the loss of blood, I knew what was happening. And I could feel he wasn't breathing anymore.

"T-Trison..." I croaked with my shaking hand.

Nanginginig ang kamay ko at gusto siyang hawakan ngunit takot na takot na makumpirmang... baka nga... totoo.

"Good job, Ferrarin," I heard from somewhere.

Nanginginig ang labi ni Diana nang lingunin ako, ang mga mata ay namimilog at galit na galit habang umiiyak nang marinig din iyon.

It was in those moments that our friendship flashed before my eyes. The past made a drastic play of the memories we had while we were laughing and having fun as the year went by, slowly fading because of what's happening at the moment.The last thing I've seen in my mind was her gentle smile, which I knew she would never give to me anymore.

I... I ruined.... I ruined...

Noong lumingon ako sa kung saan galing ang boses na iyon, I saw my cousin in her military uniform while her long hair played by the cold air, while behind her were her five men in their familiar military uniform as well.

My heart clutched when I saw how Arkaine looked so unbothered by the chaos in front of her, like a lioness who wasn't unfazed by the danger because she was the weapon herself.

The coldness in her eyes and the intimidating expression have told me she successfully handled this operation, but I know... this wasn't successful!

It was her intimidating aura that scared me. The coldness she possessed tells me she won't feel any empathy for Diana at all.

O kahit sa sino mang kriminal na nandito.

Diana stood bravely and ran to her angrily. Siguro doon niya agad naisipan lalo na't doon galing sa likod ang nagpaputok.

Arkaine stopped in front of her as Diana slapped her chest continuously. She was so mad that she'd gone feral as she attacked her with all the energy left in her.

Nag-ambang gumalaw ang mga lalake sa likod ngunit itinaas ni Arkaine ang kamay niya para pigilan ang mga ito kaya hindi sila kumilos.

"G-Good job?! You... you killed a life! You should have... let him hug me! He doesn't have any weapon in him! And yet you shoot him!" Diana fired continuously.

Arkaine gave her some seconds to release her anger. Pinaghahampas siya ni Diana, ngunit nanatili siyang nakatayo roon, malamig lamang siyang tiningnan. The cold wind even blew their hair lightly, and I saw how the loss in Diana's expression was etched while the strands of Arkaine's hair moved, showing how she looked unfazed by Diana's wrath.

"Kung masama sila, masama rin kayo! You killed... you... you killed him!" she cried weakly.

As soon as Arkaine raised her hand and used its side as she hit the side of her neck, I saw how Diana slowly lost her consciousness until she was now losing her balance. She made her sleep.

Nawalan agad ng malay si Diana, unti-unting natumba ngunit hinila ni Arkaine ang kanyang baywang hanggang sumandal sa kanyang balikat ang ulo ni Diana. She rested her hand against her small back and glanced at my side, as if I was her next target.

Umiling ako kay Arkaine, bigong bigo. I wanted to at least tell her that Diana is innocent, but I guess I will never snap her.

"Include her," she ordered.