Chapter 31

Warning: R-18

Deception

Kumakain ako ng salad habang nakaupo sa sofa at nanonood ng palabas noong pumasok siyang muli. He went out for maybe half an hour.

He tossed the paper bags on the table and took his cap out of his head. Inilapag ko ang bowl at sinilip ang loob noon. Calvin Klein...

And, oh wow, he bought some clothes too. Some white dress shirts. Nakita kong may binili rin siyang boxers for himself.

"See? Even you can't repeat clothes, and you're urging me to repeat mine." I rolled my eyes while taking the underwear out to check if it had my size.

And yes, he got it right too. Wow. An expert.

"Paano mo nalaman na size ko 'to? From the girls you slept with in the past?" I asked in a mocking voice.

"Just take it on and stop talking about your panties," aniya at kinuha rin ang kanya sa loob.

I'm a bit relieved that I do not need to wear the dress we bought earlier because he got me an expensive one. Still, it's not yet washed, but at least I won't get any rash since it's a silk button-down dress shirt. And oh... he even included some cycling!

He also bought shoes for me. It's just a simple white Nike sneaker. At noong kinalkal ko ang isa pang paperbag, medyo nagulat ako sa laman. He bought Jo Malone perfume and a lip moisturizer.

Tumingin ako sa kanya. "You've watched my latest vlog on Vogue?"

"Your what?" He arched his brow.

Hindi ko masilip sa ekspresyon niya na mukha siyang guilty, but I have the evidence here! He's just good at acting like he's not guilty at all!

"I mentioned in my interview that I cannot live without a perfume and a lip moisturizer. And you bought... these..."

"You're a woman. A supermodel. Hindi ko na kailangang hulaan kung gaano ka kaarte."

I examined his expression carefully. There's no trace of any expression, but I could assume that he has watched it, and my instinct says he has!

"Well... right. Coz imagine it, you're on the run, a wanted and a hustling criminal, as what they said, but you're watching my vlog. Is that how you spent your free time?" kaswal kong sabi sa nanunuyang paraan habang abala siyang kunin ang iilan niyang pinamili sa isang paperbag.

"You know what, just get dressed." Saka siya tumalikod at naglakad na patungo sa banyo.

Sumunod ang tingin ko sa kanya. When he entered and closed the door, we locked eyes for a while. Noong sumara iyon nang tuluyan, talagang naghihinala ako.

Out of all the expensive perfumes, he got Jo Malone. The scent I mentioned in my vlog was the Nectarine and Honey Cologne. And the lip moisturizer. Bakit hindi polbo ang naisipan niya hindi ba? As I've said in my vlog, kahit pa nasa bingit ako ng kamatayan, ang mahalaga, moisturize ang labi ko at mabango ako. I would not mind dying right then...

Nagbihis din ako. I also blow-dried myself and used the other skincare provided by the hotel. I put the moisturizer on my lips until they became pinkish and glossy.

I rubbed the perfume I put on my pulse at the sides of my neck, including at the back of my knee.

He knocked on the door, so I got up. The first thing I smelled was the shower gel he used. Tumikhim ako lalo na't topless lamang siya. This time, I saw the tattoo clearly resting on his chest. It looked so minimal, and at the same time, I cannot believe I find it hot.