Chapter 4

The Next Morning

Emmelie's POV

The morning rays of sunshine blinded my eyes waking me up from my slumber.I was about to get up when I realised I couldn't move until I saw Max sleeping beside me his arm wrapped around my waist.I couldn't help but stare at him as I felt myself going red in the face.He looked so adorable sleeping peacefully and the memories of last night was still fresh in my mind.It was then that I realised I was falling for Max.I was lost in my thoughts until I was interrupted by his voice.

"You're staring, take a picture it'll last longer."He replied while smirking having finally got up.

"Shut up Max."I replied going red in the face from his teasing hitting him in the face with a pillow.

"Alright alright please stop but, the offer still stands."He replied back while grinning receiving another hit to the face with the pillow.

Both of us were soon interrupted by the sudden noise of knocking coming from the door.

"Oh shit, I forgot about Lando that's probably him do you mind if I let him in."Max replied looking at me wearily.

"Oh that's fine Max I'll just go into the bathroom and take a shower if you don't mind."I replied back.

"Oh that's fine go ahead."He replied before getting up and going to the door as I went inside the bathroom.

Max's POV

I opened up the door to reveal Lando who waltzed into my room while shouting.I just stopped at the door wondering how to explain to him why there was a random girl in my bathroom.He stopped for a minute before he noticed two cups of coffee and luggage in the room that wasn't mine.He turned around to look at me before speaking up.

"Max did you have anyone over last night?"He asked suspiciously.

"Yes mate it's a long story, she's taking a shower right now."I replied honestly not seeing any reason to lie to him.

"A girl, Max it's only been two to three days you've moved on already!"He replied back in shock.

"No mate it's not like that as I said it's a long story."I replied back frustratingly.

"Well, I'm waiting explain please."He replied with an impatient look on his face.

I then went on a long explanation about how I went on a walk at night because I couldn't sleep and how I saw Emmelie when I returned.I told him that her booking had got cancelled for unknown reasons and the manager wasn't really helping so I offered her to stay the night as she might've fallen ill due to her hair being wet from the rain that fell yesterday.I left out the bit about my nightmares not willing to share that information yet.

"So what's her name?"Lando asked with a teasing look on his face.

I was about to answer when Emmelie walked out of the bathroom wearing a red crop top with black leggings.She looked absolutely stunning and I couldn't take my eyes off her as my jaw dropped open.

"Close your mouth Max, you'll catch flies."She replied while laughing breaking me out of my stupor.

"S-sorry you just look gorgeous anyways Emmelie this is my friend Lando, the one I talked about yesterday night."I replied composing myself.

Lando meanwhile had a look of pure shock on his face and he looked back and forth between Emmelie and I.

"Lando are you okay mate?"I asked confusion taking over me.

"Mate out of everyone you could've met you met the Emmelie de Forest!"He replied in shock.

"Uh, I'm confused here mate what are you on about."I replied back still confused.

"How do you not know her after everything I've told you about Eurovision.She won the whole contest in 2013 for Denmark with her song Only Teardrops.She is Eurovision royalty, I'm sorry if I sound creepy right now but I'm just a huge fan of your music."He replied looking between the both us.

"No issues really it's nice to meet you Lando a friend of Max's is a friend of mine."She replied back while smiling.

"I'm sorry about Lando and I'm sorry I didn't know about it sooner Emmelie I don't really follow Eurovision you see it's my first concert."I replied apologetically.

"Oh no worries Max, I actually liked the normalcy for once you know rather than having fans come up to me and the media following you around continuously.Plus you treated me really well and gave me a place to stay the night I couldn't be more grateful you're already a good friend in my books."She replied back making me blush.

"Thanks I guess, I shouldn't be given so much credit though just doing what I thought was right."I replied back honestly.

"I'm sorry once again Emmelie if I came out as creepy although Max and I totally understand what you mean I mean we go through it daily."He replied while laughing.

"No problem Lando it's fine, but what do you mean you guys go through it daily?"She replied back confused.

"Oh Lando you weren't meant to say that."I replied sighing as I hid my face in my hands.

"Oh shit um, let's just ignore what I said."He replied nervously while sweating.

Emmelie gave me a look before speaking up.

"Max are you hiding something?"She asked me back.

I decided it was useless keeping it a secret from her at this point and I might as well tell her.

"Yes Emmelie, I'm sorry I hid it from you.Lando and I are actually Formula 1 drivers.He drives for McLaren and I drive for RedBull.As I said yesterday our summer break is currently going on and with everything that's happened as of recently we just wanted to get away from it all where we would be unrecognised.I hope you aren't mad at me."I replied back guiltily.

"No no Max it's alright I understand where you are coming from I would do the same honestly since I wouldn't want anyone to know it was me.I'm not mad at you okay.Lando I'm also very sorry about what happened to you Max told me about it yesterday"She replied back shock clearly showing on her face.

"Oh no problem Emmelie these things happen in life and I'm here to enjoy the break and leave the past behind us."He replied.

"Did you indirectly quote a line from teardrops Lando?"She asked.

"I may have."He replied sheepishly while laughing.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in relief that Emmelie wasn't mad at me as she talked with Lando.

"Emmelie since we are all her for the contest I hope you wouldn't mind spending the week and watching it with us, I would like to get to know you better I think we'll become great friends and I'm sure Max would want something more."He replied teasingly.

"Oh shut up Lando and besides she probably has better things to do.Should I talk about your certain someone you have a crush on"I replied back embarrassed.

"Oh no it's quite alright Max, I would love to get to know you guys better.Although I am curious who do you like Lando"She replied back blushing before looking at Lando in a teasing manner.

"Uh it's no one i don't think we need to talk about that."He replied shyly going red in the face.

"He likes Alika, she is representing Estonia this year."I replied immediately while smirking.

"Is that so I must say you have good taste Lando I will be meeting a few of the contestants later on I can set you up with Alika if you would like."She replied back smirking.

"Really, I want to meet the other contestants anyway."He replied trying to shrug off his excitement casually.

"Let's get going then shall we I'm feeling hungry."I replied back to them as I heard my stomach grumbling.

They both laughed slightly as we exited the room, the day hadn't even begun and I already felt a Lando sized headache coming on.

A Fresh Start (F1 X Eurovision)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें