Chapter 16

Max's POV

Lando and I arrived in Monaco by around 3 in the afternoon.The sun was shining and as we exited the airport both of us were immediately greeted by Daniel.

"Welcome back chaps, how was your vacation."He replied in his usual cheery tone.

"Amazing mate, it's good to be back home though."I replied back happy to see him.

"Well come on now, let's go to the car and then you guys are going to tell me why you went to Norway."He replied.

"Wait mate, Emmelie and Alika don't know about our arrival right?"Lando questioned.

"Yes mate, I've kept it a secret they are still expecting you next week."He replied back excitedly.

"Good, they're going to love the surprise."I replied back to him as we set off to our apartment.

Emmelie and Alika had returned from Denmark a few days ago.Since Lando and I wrapped up our work in Norway quickly we decided to come home a week early to surprise them.

"So why did you go to Norway?"Daniel asked.

"Well you have to keep it a secret mate."I replied.

"Yeah only then we will tell you, no one can know about it."Lando spoke in a serious tone.

"Ok I promise not to tell anyone."Daniel replied zipping his lips.

"Lando and I went to Norway to write a song.We are planning on entering Eurovision like Em and Alika are."I replied answering his question.

"Oh my god, that's amazing now I get why you guys took a sabbatical from formula 1."He replied realisation dawning upon him.

"Yes now keep quiet about it."I replied sternly.

"Alright alright calm down mate, you can count on me to keep it a secret."Daniel replied back.

Soon enough, we arrived back at our apartment.I quickly used the keys I had to enter without making a sound as Lando and I made our way up to my floor.I unlocked the door opening it quietly to see Em and Alika both on the couch watching one of our races from earlier in the season while eating a bag of chips.

"Lando mate, I've got an idea we silently walk up to them and grab a chip out of the bag and scare them."I replied smirking while Daniel got this phone out to film.

He nodded at me as we tiptoed our way behind the couch and randomly put out hands in the bag and took a chip and munched on it as we made a comment about the race.

"Japan was a good race wasn't it Em, I won the race."I replied.

"Yeah Maxie, you were driving so good out there."She replied obliviously

"Alika, a good race from me too right I finished second next to Max."Lando then spoke.

"Yeah Lan, you even could've won the race if it wasn't for the safety car."She replied equally oblivious as Emmelie.

Suddenly, realisation dawned on both of them as they looked at each other before looking back to us rolling on the phone with laughter.

"Oh my god you guys are so mesmerised by your boyfriends racing that you didn't even notice they were there."Daniel replied laughing.

"OH MY GOD WHAT A SURPRISE!"Alika shouted before hugging Lando.

"Maxie, I missed you what a surprise I thought you guys weren't coming back till next week."Emmelie replied equally happy as she kissed me.

"Well we couldn't just stay there knowing you guys returned could we."I replied back chuckling.

That evening we went out to celebrate and had a delicious dinner along with Daniel and his girlfriend Heidi.As we were talking the conversation suddenly shifted to Eurovision courtesy of Daniel.

Emmelie's POV

"So Emmelie, both you and Alika are gunning to represent Denmark in Eurovision next year."Daniel spoke.

"Yes, we are hopefully we will win MGP and go to Malmö next year."I replied back enthusiastically.

"Obviously we want to win but I think whoever represents Denmark will be under a lot of pressure since they haven't qualified for the grand final since 2019."Alika replied.

"You guys can do it I'm sure of that."Heidi replied optimistically.

"Thanks Heidi."I replied appreciatively.

"Well who do you think will be your biggest competition if you do get to Eurovision?"Daniel asked.

"I don't know really I think all the songs will be good there although, I remember the broadcaster for the contest DR did tell us that Norway has been producing some good songs and that they may be competitive this year."I replied back as I noticed Max and Lando tense up suddenly.

"Yeah, Norway always has sent good songs hopefully this year we beat them though."Alika replied fired up.

"Max are you alright you look pale."I asked him.

"Oh nothing, it might be something I ate."He replied back quickly.

"Alright are you sure your ok?"I questioned again concerned for him.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine no worries."He replied back smiling.

"So Emmelie, when do you guys have to fly out?"Heidi asked.

"Well we have to be there on the first week of February for the semi finals.I believe the grand finals for MGP will be held in the second week."I replied back.

"Why don't you guys come with us."Alika replied pointing to Lando and Max.

"Oh erm we can't actually."Lando replied stuttering.

"Why?"I questioned.

"Umm it's nothing Em as much as we want to be there to support you Lando and I have got to fly to the UK to clear up the last few paperwork's that's left with our team principals."Max replied quickly.

"Yeah exactly."Lando replied quickly fast.

"Oh alright."I replied feeling dissapointed.

"Hey Em, don't feel bad please.I feel really guilty right now but remember Lando and I are always going to be supporting you guys."Max replied back trying to cheer me up.

"It's alright Max, I'm fine honestly work does interfere sometimes I guess."I replied back understanding their situation.

Soon we finished our dinner and headed back to the apartment.All of us were exhausted but Max and Lando stayed up saying they had to reply to some emails before coming to bed.

Lando's POV

"I really feel bad now mate."I replied to Max as our girlfriends headed off to bed.

"Well, I feel the same mate but it will all be worth it in the end.Let's work hard get this win and surprise them."Max replied back a look of determination on his face.

"I guess so mate."I replied realising we had an entire team back in Norway that we couldn't let down and I was prepared to give my best especially for Alika.

"Come on mate, let's head in for the night."Max replied as I nodded.

Both of us said our good nights to each other before heading into our rooms where our girlfriends were.I knew we could win MGP if we tried our best and boy was I ready to do it.

A/N:Hey guys a little filler chapter before we get on with the MGP arc of the story heading into Eurovision.I just wanted to inform you guys that I might not update tomorrow since I'm busy, hence the two updates I released today.I will try my best however to update if I manage to find the time.Thank you all once again for all the reads as always it's much appreciated and I'll see you in the next one as the story goes on!!