Chapter 10

Max's POV

The week passed by quickly and before I knew it I was back in the circus of formula one.Seeing the fans again and everyone on the team made me happy.Obviously I had missed the racing and was eager to get back to it however, deep inside I was missing Emmelie a lot too.Eurovision seemed like years ago even when it was just a week ago.

Nevertheless, he was here to win his third championship in succession.With the second half of the season starting up he now had new motivation to keep his lead in the championship and to win.This season he was going to dedicate to Emmelie and all his other friends he made a t Eurovision.

"Checo good to see you mate how was your break?"I asked as I walked up to him who was chatting with Daniel and Lewis.

"Mate how are you yeah break was good spent it with my family and a few friends back home in Mexico.How about you?"Checo asked back as I hugged Daniel and shook hands with Lewis.

"Ah it was alright, Lando and I went too Liverpool.It was amazing."I replied back smiling.

"Did you meet anyone there?"Daniel asked suggestively.

"Lando and I may have met some people yeah."I replied back grinning.

"Anyone special a girl maybe?"Lewis asked back.

"I'll leave that up to you guys to guess."I replied before bidding goodbye to them.

"Oh come on don't leave us hanging mate."Daniel replied back annoyed as I walked away laughing.

Since 2021, Lewis and I had our fair few tensions but we were good friends now and left the past behind.If anyone was to blame what happened in Abu Dhabi back then it was the FIA.

The day went by quickly we finished FP1 and FP2.I managed to top the leaderboard although the McLaren's and Ferrari's were showing some good pace after bringing upgrades.Lando finished in P2 in both sessions just a few tenth's behind me which was good to see him doing well.I went to bed extremely exhausted that day.I was about to call Emmelie when I realised she might be sleeping by now seeing that it was already late so, I left her a message saying I'd call her tomorrow before dozing off myself.

The Next Day

Lando's POV

FP3 had passed by pretty quick and finally it was time for qualifying, the rain had finally arrived something which Spa was known for every time we came to Belgium.I decided to call Alika before quali seeing as I would be pretty busy later on.She picked up almost instantly.

"Hey Alika, how are you doing?"I asked her.

"I'm doing fine Lan, I miss you though best of luck for quali today."She replied making me happy.

"Thanks are you going to be watching?"I asked back.

"Is that even a question, I am a formula one fan but I'm also your girlfriend aren't I."She replied while laughing.

"Good to know, I gotta go now though my engineer is calling me."I replied back.

"Alright Lan best of luck again and drive safe I love you."She replied.

"Love you too Alika."I replied before hanging up, I swear this girl was going to be the death of me.

I quickly exited my driver room and was about to go to my engineer when Max came running up to me.

"Hey mate quali starts in 15 minutes what are you doing here?"I asked him.

"Emmelie isn't picking up my calls I'm worried."He replied concerned.