Chapter 23

Lando's POV

It was sweltering with heat as Max and I roamed the city of Malmö, donning black caps and sunglasses.We had decided to tour the city that day and just unwind a bit.The both of us had firstly gone to visit the famous Øresund bridge which connected Malmö to Copenhagen and what a marvel that was.We also visited several city attractions like the Technology and Maritime museum, the St.Peters church, Malmö city library and even insisted several other parks.We even managed to take a private bike tour to see the city while remaining fit.Obviously there was no need too considering we weren't having race weekends daily but we decided not to be slouches considering the contracts that we were offered a few weeks ago.The Swedish cuisine was also so delicious.We had several different varieties of dishes like crayfish, räksmörgås which was a type of sandwich and pickled herring.The day went by really quickly and by the time we returned to the hotel it was almost 9 PM.We successfully managed to enjoy the entire day without anyone recognising us, we also didn't see a single paparazzi.However, what we hadn't considered was how we would get back in the hotel.The dinner rush hour had started and we were pretty sure no one would expect us two to be there.

"Max what do we do, how do we enter and get to our room?"I questioned as we stood outside cluelessly.

"I don't know mate, we didn't think of that to be honest."He replied back.

"Well, we're just going to have to hope no one sees us."I replied unsure of what to do.

"I don't know mate, let's just enter slowly and creep round the edge of the lobby."Max replied as I nodded at him.

We made our way inside the hotel slowly, we could see the various participants and their teams all in the hotel lobby.As Max had said we creeped round the lobby and as we were about to reach the elevators, it had reached the ground floor and was about to open.I froze in place unsure of what to do as Max quickly pulled me round the corner as we hid while keeping our mouths shut.We looked to see that both of our girlfriends and friends had walked out.

"That was a close call mate, I didn't know what to do there."I whispered.

"You're lucky I was there mate, now come on let's take the stairs are floor isn't that high up and hopefully we can reach there in one piece."He replied as we made our way up their stairs.

We managed to reach our room without any further issues of anyone seeing us.Without wasting any time we rushed into our room and closed the door behind us.We took a minute to catch out breaths as we let out a sigh of relief.

"Mate, we should be more careful."He replied as he sat down on the bed.

"Yeah, we probably should've planned this day out."I replied slowly as I lied down on the other bed completely exhausted.

"What's the plan for tomorrow?"I asked Max as he took out his phone.

"I don't know mate but, I do know we aren't going out tomorrow.We have the second semi finals, I suggest we go and see it in our outfits."He suggested.

"Alright mate, that's not a bad idea let's run it by Carl though give him a call."I replied back as he nodded back to me.

Max got onto the phone to Carl and put it on speaker as he sat down on my bed.

"Hello Max, why are you calling me right now is there any problem?"Carl spoke as he received the call.

"No issues mate, Lando and I actually wanted to ask you something."He answered back.

"Well what is it?"Carl questioned back.

"The thing is mate, both Max and I want to attend the second semi finals tomorrow would it be alright if we could go wearing our wolf outfits?"I spoke replying back to him.