Chapter 14

Max's POV-December 2023

The season had finally ended and in the end I managed to clinch my third title.Checo finished second and we managed to secure first in the constructor's championship for our team.McLaren made a late charge and finished third after their early season struggles with Lando up on the podium many times.Lando and I had a wonderful winter break in the mediterranean island of Majorca with our girlfriends.It was an amazing vacation and while we were there the both of us made a decision that we were going to talk about with out team principals.

We called the both of them down to a small cafe on the outskirts of London to talk before the season started up.As we walked in we saw both of them seated having a beer together.

"Hello chaps, what was the urgent need to meet us here."Christian spoke up looking at the both of us.

"It better be important Lando."Zak told him sternly.

"It is quite important actually, you see the thing is we both want to take a sabbatical for a year or two."I told them slowly as both of them looked at each other in silence.

"Is this some silly prank?"Zak asked slowly.

"I'm afraid it isn't."Lando replied back slowly unsure of what else to say.

"Well, it is your decision guys that leaves the both of us to find some new drivers."Christian replied back looking back at Zak who looked perplexed.

"I'm not going to be the one to stop you it is your lives but may I ask the reason?"Zak then replied looking at the both of us.

"Well, it's just that we want to try something else at life and experience it a bit more.There is still so much more to formula one and we feel like we aren't done with it but the fire has quietened down a bit, I think the both of us need a break to find that passion again."Lando replied back.

"Yeah I couldn't have said it better."I replied back looking at Christian.

"Well, we are happy for you guys we both are going to miss you that's for sure remember though a seat is always open for when you guys decide to return."Christian replied back before getting up.

"Yes, like Christian said I wish you guys the best for the future we'll see you soon I guess."Zak replied before the both of them left the cafe.

"You think we made the right call here?"Lando asked me.

"Yeah mate, I think we did let's keep it quiet for now we have to catch a flight to Norway though don't we."I replied back.

"Yeah, I'll meet you at the airport then."He replied before running out the cafe himself as I remembered our conversation from a month ago.

Max's POV-November 2023

Emmelie and Alika were playing in the water as Lando and I sat under our umbrellas down by the beach.Both of us had just taken the decision to take a two year break from formula one after the hectic season.However, we couldn't decide what to do until Lando had an idea and spoke up.

"Hey Max, you know the both of us have been with Martin a lot recently."He spoke up.

"Yeah, he is a good friend of both of us."I replied back not knowing where this conversation was going.

"Both of us have some experience with music and being DJ's."He replied looking at me.

"Yes, what are you thinking about mate I'm confused."I replied back.

"Well, our girlfriends are going on tour again right why don't we go on a tour of our own.Let's try and enter Eurovision."He replied slowly.

I just looked at him with my jaw dropped unsure of what to say to him.