Chapter 18

Max's POV

The next morning, Lando and I had the day off before the grand finals of the MGP which were going to take place the next day.Both of us decided to do some sightseeing in Norway since we didn't have the time the last time we came.We thought it would be best to just visit some local attractions in the local area.We discovered a local park near our hotel and thought to take a walk there.The weather was chilly despite it being near noon so we wore our jackets and made sure to wear a cap and sunglasses to ensure we wouldn't be recognised.

"Lando mate this park is amazing."I muttered out as we entered.

"I know right, It's huge it goes on for miles."He replied back amazed.

"Well let's walk around a bit."I replied as Lando followed me.

"Lot's of families having picnics here aren't they."Lando replied as we saw several families spread out across the wide lawn enjoying their own little feast.

"Yeah your right."I replied until I noticed something a little far away.

"Hey mate what's with the crowd over there?"Lando questioned as he noticed it too.

"I don't know let's check it out."i replied as we made our way over to see what all the commotion was about.

As we arrived on the scene I realised what it was all about, standing in front of us was NorthKid one of this year's MGP entrants and our rival in the grand finals tomorrow, not that they knew that.However, to our pleasant surprise our old friend Alessandra was also there.It seemed like some fans spotted them and then gradually a full horde of people came for pictures.I could see that the NorthKid group were enjoying the publicity a lot however, Alessandra seemed uncomfortable probably because the crowd was hounding her not giving her an ounce of space.I gave Lando a knowing look telling him to help her out.

"Mate, cause a distraction or something help Alessandra."I muttered quickly.

"Alright let me think of something, wait I got it."He replied quickly before he shouted out loud.

"OH MY GOD I JUST SAW SUBWOOLFER ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PARK!"Lando screamed garnering everyone's attention as they ran away from Alessandra and NorthKid.

I saw Alessandra sighing to herself as the both of us went up to her.

"Not even a thank you I'm deeply hurt."Lando replied sarcastically as Alessandra finally recognised saw us.

"Oh my god what are you guys doing here, it's wonderful to see you."She replied hugging the both of us.

"A pleasure to see you to Alessandra, how are you doing?"I asked her.

"I'm doing alright now thanks to you guys, this is NorthKid by the way they are gunning to represent Norway for Eurovision this year."She replied introducing them to us.

"Oh best of luck guys, the name's Max and this is my friend Lando."I replied as if I had met them for the first time.

All of us greeted each other and talked for a bit before one of the guys from the group asked what we did for a living.Lando answered this one a bit too loud for my liking though.

"Oh Max and I were formula one drivers, he used to drive for RedBull while I drove for McLaren we are taking a sabbatical for two years though so we thought to vacation in Norway."He replied until a fan heard it.

"Lando why couldn't you say it quieter?"I questioned as all of us took of running from a horde of fans behind us.

After running for 15 or so minutes we managed to lose them.NorthKid had gone their separate ways while Alessandra came with us.