𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐏𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬

Jungwon's POV

We are just three weeks away before our debut as MC. We've been working till really late at night to make the performance we are preparing look flawless. We are not going to perform it in the day of the first show because we are recording it a day before so we must get it right now.

"Okay, ready?" I ask her before turning on the music to which she nods her head.

The choreography is so much fun but also really hard. I've noticed that she struggles a little with certain steps so I've been helping her with that. Surprisingly we did it perfectly today at the first try.

"Yesss!" She shouts and starts clapping. "Oh wow, what a great way to start today's practice, right?"

"Yes it was good." I say. During the past weeks I have noticed that she gets really happy when it comes to tiny achievements. "So you wanna try it again?" I go and play the music again.

After practicing for like three more hours nonstop we are finally drinking water while sitting on the floor and recovering some energy before leaving.

"How long were you a trainee?" I ask to make the environment less awkward. I've noticed she is shy so in order to overcome that before our first day in the show we must talk.

"Two years and a half." She finally says out of breath after drinking her entire water bottle.

I nodded my head to let her know that I listened to her answer then I got up and say. "I better go now. Nice practice. I'll see tomorrow." I know I should've said more but honestly I was really tired and the only thing that I want right now is to go and get some rest.

"Bye." she says. I feel kind of bad but it's not like I have to talk to her for long time. At least I tried.

⋅ ── ⋆⋅୨୧⋅⋆ ── ⋅

As the days go by our interactions are less awkward. She seems to be more in control of her voice and finally she has succeeded in talking without constantly looking at her script.

"Now let's create your signature greeting. I have some ideas that may work." says our coach while pulling out her iPad.

She showed us a presentation with the ideas for our greeting. Every pair of MCs has one so it's important for it to be attractive and catchy to the audience. However, must of the ideas she is mentioning are not convincing me. They were bad or even weird.

"How about this one. Biwon." She makes a small pause to put her iPad down. "Look, for this one you'll have to do peace signs to the camera and both of them together would look like a W because well... you both have "won" in your name." she explains with her hands.

I like it. It's not perfect but it's definitely better than the others and she mentioned something that honestly I haven't acknowledged yet, that we both share the syllable Won in our names. Cool.

"I like it. It's creative. What do you think sunbaenim?" she says and looks at me for my opinion. I still find weird being called like that. I mean I am a sunbaenim now but still.

"Yes I like it too. So how is this going to be like? Or we just..." I start saying but was cut off by the coach.

"It's set. This is going to go like this: Jungwon you will say "Hello we are..." and then she is going to say her name first..." she continued to explain while we listen and tried to do it ourselves. It's easy and like Joowon said it's creative.

⋅ ── ⋆⋅୨୧⋅⋆ ── ⋅

Now we are rehearsing the dance challenges we are going to be filming when we meet up with idols at Music bank. Luckily it's easy for me to learn new steps.

They sent us the choreographies of upcoming songs so that we could had them learned before it's released and performed in the show.

⋅ ── ⋆⋅୨୧⋅⋆ ── ⋅

Today we had a longer conversation. Nothing like talking for an hour with your friend but considering our situation it was something. We suddenly started talking while we were getting ready to to show Nina the final outcome of the performance.

"You go to Hanlim, right?" she asks while putting her in-ear monitor and adjusting her mic.

"Yes, actually I'm graduating next month." It took me by surprise since I'm always the one to start the conversation. "Do you go there too?"

"Yes. I'm graduating next year but I've only been there for like two years, since I started being a trainee. I am a transferred student." she explains as she ties her hair into a bun.

"Where did you study before?" I ask finally starting to stretch after arranging my mic.

"In Melbourne, I'm from Australia." Wow just like Jake hyung. Another thing that surprised me. "I got here just before the pandemic started and my parents wanted me to keep studying while training so I applied to be there and luckily I got in."

We continued with random questions about any topic we could talk about but nothing personal. We are not that close so I didn't want her to think that I was noisy and I don't trust her yet. I mean we barely know each other.

⋅ ── ⋆⋅୨୧⋅⋆ ── ⋅

I'm finally back at the dorm I share with Sunghoon hyung, Sunno hyung and Ni-ki. They are playing video games.

"Oh Jungwon-ah you're finally here. What took you so long?" says Sunno hyung with a worried look.

"There was traffic. What you guys had for dinner? I'm starving!" I say and rush to the kitchen after taking my shoes off.

"Oh Jungwon-ah. Good job! Look at you busy and tired because you are MC now." says Sunghoon hyung after taking his eyes away from the TV.

"Thanks I learned from the best." I say smiling but covering my mouth since I was already eating.