𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎: 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

Jungwon's POV

She looks quite calm when sleeping. I didn't know it was possible for someone to be so still, I couldn't even hear her breathing either. I just could see her doing it, that's how I knew she was alive and if it wasn't for the fact that she was next to me I would have thought I was alone.

They told me to wait in the room and that Joowon was there already. At first I was nervous to see her after giving her a gift on her birthday because that was the last time we saw each other but I felt relieved immediately after seeing that she was in deep slumber.

I was surprised that we didn't rehearsed together the script before today but I was told that she was not in the country. Later I found out that she had just landed an hour before the program aired.

To kill some time before the meeting started I used my phone and occasionally I gave her some glances to see if she was still asleep. Her hair was covering a part of her face but I could still saw some features of it.

To be honest after some minutes I stopped looking at her because I thought it was weird to do that but to be honest it was very soothing the image of her.

Now we are waiting for our managers, they are busy and we can't leave without them because they need to be the ones making sure we arrive at our respective dorms safely.

"How was your trip?" I ask her as I give her a snack of the bending machine. We are in the stairs of the building, more specifically in the ones in which every idol takes pictures.

"It was good... now we just have two more MVs to record." Joowon takes the snack and moves her bag so I could sit next to her.

"Are you going to release one for each song?" I ask her with a surprise look on my face.

"Almost? Look, the EP has six songs but one of them is just like 35 seconds long so we'll just have five MVs and a side B of one of the five to add that tiny song." She explains but my mind was on other place.

"Oh I see... how have you been feeling lately?" I shift the conversation topic because I want to know how things are going for her. Why am I so suddenly caring a lot for her? I don't know but I think it's always nice to do that for someone.

"Better, I was just going through a lot but now I'm fine." She beams at me and then looks away.

"I'm glad..." Then without thinking I started cracking my back because it was bothering me a bit.

"Oh my God, sunbaenim! Didn't that hurt?" Joowon stares at me with concern as a hand covers her mouth. I don't think I'll get used to her calling me sunbaenim.

Doing this to my back has already become a habit for me that now I did it without considering who I was with. With the members we always do this so it just came out naturally.

"No... not at all. I do that to relieve tension in my body." I tell her while cracking my neck as well.

"...okay... but how do you do it?" She asks me now looking interested.

"I just do this..." I show her the movement I always do.

"I'll try it." with determination on her face she tries but I could see her struggling. "I can't... I don't feel anything cracking."

"Do this. Rotate to the side without moving your pelvis." I do my best to explain as I show her again.

"I'm trying but nothing sounds!" Did she just said "nothing sounds"? I couldn't help but to start laughing at her words. "Seriously..." Joowon chuckles and glances at me as if telling me not to laugh but I couldn't stop.

We kept laughing about it for some time then once we both finished eating our snacks I grabbed our trash and went to throw it away. When I was coming back I thought of asking her something I had been curious about.

"By the way, can I ask... do you have an English name?" I recline to the side in the wall and put my hands in my pockets while looking at her.

"Oh... yeah I do. It's actually my first name, you know. It is Juliet. My birth certificate says Juliet Joowon Campbell Kim." She explains looking down at her hands. I've noticed that when she talks about herself she avoids my eyes. I wonder why. Seriously, as time goes by this girl intrigues me more and more.

"Campbell is..." I start saying.

"My dad's last name. I didn't use it for my stage name because the company thought that it would have been better for me to use Kim instead." she continued explaining. "I'm sorry, I think I'm overwhelming you about myself a lot.." She says covering her face.

"Don't worry I was the one who asked..." I tell her to assure her that it was okay. "So which one do you prefer?"

"I think both are good but now I'm more used to be called Joowon. My dad's side of the family are the only ones who call me Juliet." I make a surprise expression about finally understanding what she is saying.

"Oh, so your dad is the one who is Australian. For some reason I thought it was your mom." I express the cause of my amaze.

"...my mom is Korean and my dad is Aussie." I see that her mood shifted a bit after saying that.

"You miss them..." She just meets my eyes and nods with a nostalgic smile.

"You know Taekwondo, right?" Joowon suddenly changes the topic. Maybe she is not comfortable talking about missing her parents. I understand.

"Yeah, I practiced it for years when I was younger." I tell her sitting next to her again.

"Cool, is it hard? I mean I've seen some performances in which you use those skills and YOU really amaze me every time!" She says while putting her hands together showing excitement.

"Really? thank you... my parents thought it would be a good idea for me to practice a sport in order to be more sociable, you know?" I explain her still feeling shy about her compliment.

"I see... well, it was definitely a good idea." She says as she stares to the front.

Then we were in silenced for a moment and for the first time I felt comfortable in the quietness we were sharing. Somehow we both knew that being like this was no more awkward to us.

"During my flight back I listened to your album and I really liked it. I found the concept quite unique... I think my favorite one is Fate even though is very short I think the message of it is fascinating." She congratulates our album.

"Oh yeah? Thank you, I'm glad you think that!" I say as we exchanged smiles.

Suddenly we heard footsteps approaching so I stand up and start walking away from her. We were not exactly close but still I didn't wanted anyone who was getting closer to see us like this just to prevent compromising consequences.

"There you are!" Her manager says looking at Joowon. "Come on, the cars are waiting and it's getting late. Jungwon-ssi your car is also waiting." Now she is looking at me.

"Okay, thank you. I'll just go for my things." I tell her as I start walking away towards my dressing room.

Once I had walked a considerable distance I turned to see Joowon walk away but curiously she was looking back as well. I waved at her and she did the same with a soft smile. Then she mouthed "good night, sunbaenim". That name again. I just mouthed to her replying with "thank you, you too".