𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏: 𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬

Jungwon's POV

"JungWON!"

"JooWON!"

"Biwon won won!" We say together.

"Joowon-ssi, I sometimes have this thought. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all have our own cupids?" I start with the introduction of the interview cam. "That way cupids will be the ones to tell someone that we like them."

"Jungwon-ssi, I think it's time to quit relying on cupids for love!" Joowon continues saying like scolding me. "You shouldn't count on cupids too much. Just let the other person know your feelings yourself!"

"Ooh really? Then, I..." then I turn around to look at her and I start singing her song. "🎶 like you a little. Don't want no riddle. 말해줘 say it back, oh, say it ditto 🎶." I can't help but to feel a little bit weird singing this that a laugh escapes my lips once I'm done singing. "So what do you say?"

"Di..." then she looks away. "Anyways, let's hurry and meet them!" Joowon says while we step to each side of the group so they can introduce themselves before continuing the interview.

After we finished with the questions regarding the group's comeback it was time for one of the members of the group to ask us a very unique question according to the script.

"Since we are in the month of love and friendship, is there anything nice that you would like to tell each other?" she asks us.

"Oh ummmm... well... I really like how you perform on stage. You are definitely awesome!" Joowon says first.

"Thank you very much... I like MCing with you. You are really a wonderful partner, Joowon-ssi." when I finish saying this the girls from the group screamed: uuuuuu and Joowon hid her face with her speech cards.

"Well... Let's continue. Could you describe your title track in one word?" Joowon says continuing with the interview.

⋅ ── ⋆⋅୨୧⋅⋆ ── ⋅

It has been a month since we've been MC and for the past weeks I've been receiving a lot of good comments on that matter. I'm glad ENGENEs are loving this new side of me. Sunghoon hyung was MC last year and he indeed was good at it. I hope I can be as good as him one day.

I had to get to the Hybe building very early today because I had to attend rehearsal for the Music Bank show tomorrow. Something I noticed on today's rehearsal was that Joowon is gaining confidence. I'm surprised she is getting better this quickly. Ever since we started preparing I could tell that it was hard for her but I think she's finally gaining confidence.

Now I'm in the designated room that we have at the company while I wait for my members to arrive so we can all start filming all the different content for our comeback in May and then we are going to continue practicing the new choreographies we have for the songs in the album.

Just as I was turning right into a hallway to get here, something came to mind. The other day I saw Jake hyung in that same hallway. I was about to wave at him, but he wasn't alone, he was talking to someone, so I immediately went back. I peeked out a bit and realised that he was talking to a girl. Then when I heard her voice I immediately knew it was Joowon.

You know what they say that when you finally are aware of something you start seeing it every where? Well, I feel the same with this. Jake hyung and Joowon definitely have something going on between them and I want to know what it is. I can't help but to be curious about it.

"Jungwon!" I hear Jake hyung say as he enters the room. Wow he really knows every time I'm thinking of him. Scary.

"Yoiiii!" I say excitedly. Now that I think of it I don't even remember when we started saying this. It's funny and unique, I like it, even our fans like it. "Are the others here too?"

"I think I'm the first one to arrive. I left the dorm earlier." He comes to sit on the couch beside me.

"Oh okay." I say and get back to my phone. During the next minutes we talked about random stuff and also about things regarding our upcoming activities but suddenly as we were talking I thought of my doubt. I've been meaning to ask him about Joowon but I don't know how he will react.

"Can I ask you something, hyung?" I finally say putting my phone down. "I don't want to pry but... are you and Joowon friends or...?" He looks at me with surprised eyes when I mentioned her name but then he softened his stare. "You know, when we were on the plane to Milan I noticed you two joking and having fun in a very familiar way."

"Yeah we are friends, just friends." He smiles at me assuring what he just said. "Actually we met a year before her debut and ever since then we've been close. I didn't tell you guys because the occasion never came up... It's like when you have a friend who is only yours outside of your usual social circle, you know? That is why we agreed not to tell anyone from the start." Jake hyung explains.

"I see. You two seemed to have a good time that day and that's why it really took me off guard seeing you talking to her like that. I hope I didn't bother you with my question." I'm happy that Jake hyung has a friend besides us. Since we are always in a rush at different events, we don't always get a chance to talk with other idols to the point of knowing them deeply enough to become friends.

"It's okay, it was about time for someone to notice, in the end we are not doing anything wrong so if anyone finds out it's okay." Jake hyung says looking at the lights of the room like thinking deeply. "So how are you feeling with all of this MC thing?"

"It's great. You know I like to set myself new goals and now one of them is to be great at this, I really like it." I tell him playing with the zipper of my jacket. "What do you think about our interactions as MCs? I want to hear your opinion hyung."

"Honestly you two are cute. Those things they make you say are really rare and fun sometimes hahaha... Like when you told her that "you liked her" and then she just ignored you. It was fun to watch you get shy hahaha." he says while he looks for the interview on Youtube, then we watch it together.

"Yes I remember, wow I think that really keeps me humble. To be honest I felt a little bit embarrassed." I tell him while covering my face with my hands.

"Trust me I'm not saying that just because you're my friend. It's true, you are doing great Jungwon!" he says as he gives me thumbs up with a bright smile.

"Thank you hyung."