𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟑: 𝐈'𝐦 𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐝 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

Today I'm on a sort of play date with Jake in the outdoor garden located on the last floor of the company building but instead of having our respective kids playing like usual parents do, we have our lovely pets with us. Now that I mentioned it, I really hope that in the future, when the time comes our kids can be best friends, just like us.

The main reason why we are spending some time together right now is to celebrate Jake's birthday. It was last month, but due to his busy schedule we agreed that once the promotions for his comeback were over, we would make time to get together and do something special. Celebrating our birthdays is something we have always tried to do since we became close.

I remember that when Sugar Cloud and Layla first met, they got along immediately that they even got so excited once they saw each other. I was really surprised because Layla was the first and only dog to have played with Sugar Cloud, so I was glad that my cotton ball didn't shy away from Layla or be afraid of her due to the significant size difference between the two.

"Layla! Sugar Cloud! Come here!" Jake asks them to follow him as he comes to meet me where I'm sitting. "It's supposed to be our day off and look at us, we aren't exactly resting." He tells me almost out of breath as he sits beside me on the bench.

The space here is not very big to play with dogs but it is still possible to get tired from running even in a small place. We've been here for like an hour and it's been like five minutes since I sat down because I was already exhausted from trying to keep up with Layla's pace. On the contrary, Jake seemed to still have a lot of energy, but I guess after all that running and jumping, he finally ran out of it.

"Sugar Cloud! Come here girl!" I call for my loving dog to sit near my feet.

"The fairy has grown, hasn't she?" Jake mentions as he kneels to caress Sugar Cloud.

"Yeah, a little bit but she certainly has." I chuckle as I look fondly at her.

I recall that when I introduced her to Jake, he joked about my election of name. He said that Sugar Cloud sounded like the name of a fairy, so ever since then he sometimes refers to her as "fairy". Now that I think about it, maybe he has a point, but what can I say? I had always wanted a dog, so it was the ten-year-old me who decided on the name before I even had her in my life.

"You know how in movies fairies have powers... well I feel that Sugar Cloud's power would be to have the ability to make cotton candy." Jake explained to me.

"What?" I chuckled at his unique comment.

"Yeah... it totally makes sense. Think of it. Her name is Sugar Cloud and cotton candy is basically sugar that looks like a cloud." He added very invested in his previous statement.

"Oh Jake... I love your reasoning." I said still laughing. I never get a boring day next to him.

We spent the next minutes talking and laughing about things that only we found funny while Layla and Sugar Cloud rested. For this we made sure to bring them water and food so they could have something to do while their "parents" talk. Of course, we also brought their favorite treats, but we already gave them to them when we played.

"That's right!" All of a sudden I turn to look for something. "We totally forgot to eat the cake!" I say as I open a box that was near my backpack. "I baked it, you know?"

"You did? Wow, I must be very special to you Joowon-ah." He nudges me playfully.

"You are Jaeyun!" I nudge him back but with more force, making him move a little to the side. "Happy birthday, old man!" I say holding the little cake in front of him. I baked it that way keeping in mind that there were only going to be two people in the celebration.