𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎: 𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦?

Yesterday night I received a text message from Jake asking me if we could meet up today. Although, I thought of using this day to rest since we were given a day off, I accepted his proposal considering that a few weeks ago we agreed to spend time together but in between our group activities we completely forgot to schedule a date.

Besides now I'll be able to finally give him a gift that I got for him a while ago so it was just perfect timing when his message reached me. I thought of just sending it to his dorm but I really want to see his reaction when he sees it, I bet he is going to love it!

Before opening the door of Enhypen's room at the Hybe building, I called him to let him know that I was already there and that he had to close his eyes before I enter because I had a surprise for him. At first he seemed confused but he agreed to do it anyway.

"I'm here but don't open your eyes yet." I close the door behind me and then I pull the gift out of the bag I was carrying. "I want you to extend your arms to the front."

"Okay." He does as he was told.

I placed the box in his hands and when he finally felt the weight of the object he opened his eyes, it was as if the happiness switch in him was turned on because his face immediately lit up when he realized what he had in front of him. It was a Lego Marvel set.

"No way, no way! Oh my God, Joowon-ah!" He places the box on a nearby table and for a few seconds all he does is look at it and then at me and so on while he covers his mouth in amazement. "Thank you so much, you're the best!" He says giving me a quick tight hug.

I'm glad Jake is happy. I thought of many things to give him that he would really like but in the end the Lego set was the best option, I know how much he loves them so why not give him one.

"Let's start building it together." I say grabbing a chair and taking off my jacket.

Just when I thought his face couldn't get more sparkly he looked at me and agreed with a bright smile. Then, he sat in front of me and began opening the box.

"Not that I didn't like it but I have to ask. Why the gift?" He tells me as he starts getting out everything we'll need.

"I just wanted to do something nice for you and to surprise you as well, but Jake I'll have to confess something... I have never built a Lego figure in my whole life." I say in a whisper to make it dramatic as if I was sharing a top secret revelation.

"Don't worry, it's not as complicated as it may appear. Besides you have me!" He informs me while looking so proud of himself. "You see? Everything that you have to do is here, quite easy right?" He says showing me the instructive he had already got

While reading the instructions I remembered all the times Jake built one of these things. I know this because he always makes sure to tell me all about it by sending me pictures of the final results. Still, I'd never been curious enough to build one myself, and that's why I thought to finally give it a try and make him happy all at once.

⋅ ── ⋆⋅୨୧⋅⋆ ── ⋅

About an hour has passed and what we are building is finally starting to take shape, but what's definitely even more intriguing for me is how focused Jake looks as he connects each of the bricks I give him.

"I think it's looking great!" I say as I clap my hands in excitement.

"It does! We are definitely a good team! Why don't we take a selfie to capture the first time of Kim Joowon building a Lego set?" Jake suggests, then grabs his phone and stands up beside me.