𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖: 𝐘𝐨𝐮

I received a text message from Nicole saying that it was important that I attend a reunion with Jungwon and our MC activities supervisor to discuss important matters, therefore once I was done with my group activities of the day I went straight to the meeting rooms.

"Taking into account both of your busy schedule of activities with your respective groups, we will look for substitutes for both of you." She explains as I feel my heart sink. Are we not going to be MCs anymore? I turn my gaze to Jungwon and he has the same worried look.

"Don't get me wrong. You won't be replaced, it's just for when the two of you are abroad at the same time." She makes clear her previous announcement, I guess she must have noticed the horror in our faces.

"That's why it's important that you keep practicing even if you don't have any shows coming up. The script for the shows you'll be on is here." A script of... I believe ten pages is placed on the table. "You have the rest of the day to look over it and then you can leave."

"All right!" We say as our supervisor stands up taking her purse and some other paperwork she had on the table.

"Thank you for your time. I must hurry now." She says while we get up and bow to tell her goodbye.

"I guess we won't be leaving any time soon." I say pulling my hair lightly with both hands as I sit back down.

"It seems so, and she only brought one copy of the script so we'll have to share it." Jungwon mentions something I had not noticed. "May l?" He gestures to the chair next to me.

"Sure." I grab the chair and pull it so it's close to mine.

"Here. You can be the pink marker and I'll be the blue one." He gives me a highlighter to use on the script.

Before debuting as MCs we created a strategy, which helps us a lot to say the dialogues perfectly in the first take. It consists of highlighting a certain sentence and then writing specific notes next to it that will tell us what emotions we can express while saying it.

⋅ ── ⋆⋅୨୧⋅⋆ ── ⋅

"So our next program together is on the 25th, right?" I ask him as I go through the pages we have already finished reviewing. It's been I think three hours since we got here.

"Yes, then you'll have some with an MC substitute and oh... did you know that we won't be working for days because of Chuseok?" Jungwon suddenly mentions as he gives me a paper to check it myself. I read carefully and it's true, there is no show scheduled for Friday, September 29th.

"Yes. It's such a good thing! I had completely forgotten to tell you this, I'm going to visit my family during those days off, you know?" I say, finally allowing myself to lean back in the chair to rest for a moment.

"Really? That's amazing news. Joowon!" Jungwon tells me with a big smile on his face. He really does seem happy for me.

"You know, your eyes are truly beautiful Jungwon..." I say without thinking. It just came out of my mouth. It's true that I think about it every time he smiles but now it finally slipped out of me.

His eyes widened as he realized what I just said. "... thank you." He finally manages to say as he shyly covers his face.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I don't know where that came from..." I say as I feel my cheeks flushing so I place my hands on them hoping the it will go away.

"It's okay." He assures me.

Then for the next ten minutes, I think, no one talked. None of us even dared to look at the other. I guess we were too flustered to do it.