𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏: 𝐒𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐫, 𝐲𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐫

Jungwon's POV

She lied when she said she had a dance practice and that's why she couldn't come earlier for the script. I noticed it because she wasn't sweaty nor did she look tired, a little out of breath yes, but that must have been because she maybe ran to get there.

I guess it's kind of funny that we planned to do the same thing (Go get the script late so we didn't have to see each other). We didn't want to meet up but one way or another we ended up doing it. I wonder if that was some kind of meaningful sign trying to tell us something... or was it just a coincidence?

We were like acquaintances talking just so as not to seem rude after casually bumping into each other. It felt so weird and after the few words we exchanged, seeing her leave made me feel helpless. I wanted to stop her but in the end I decided not to. I just stood there and watched her go. Again.

When I was overseas I thought that maybe once we got back together as MCs I would finally feel a bit better because then I would be spending time with her at least one day a week, but it's like the wall between us gets bigger with each day that goes by without behaving like we used to.

Now my members and I find ourselves on our way back to the dorm after a day full of dance practices. All my members are in deep slumber since we left the building, so I'm the only one awake. Why am I not asleep too? Well, I managed to avoid the heaviness in my eyes just to look at her on my phone screen.

I must admit that lately during the bits of free time we have, I like to watch the performances she does or some of the videos that are posted of her just to feel somehow closer to her. Since we aren't talking at the moment we stopped sharing this kind of information between us and I really miss it, so now my screen is the only place I can get to know what she's currently up to.

In fact, the other day when I was on the plane on our way back to Korea, I came across the cover she did for her group's YouTube channel. She sang beautifully and thanks to something she mentioned in her speech to introduce the song I got curious about it. Besides, as I was watching her I knew immediately that the song meant a lot to her because of the way she sang it. She did it with great dedication.

"I don't have to be so smart to read in between the lines but I'm a hundred percent sure that she performed it for you, Jungwon." Jake hyung said once he finished listening to the song.

"What makes you say that?" I ask expectantly about his answer. Since I don't know a lot of English I asked for his help with the lyrics.

"Well, the song is mainly about telling someone how much they are missed... so that must be you." He nudged me and gave me an assuring smile.

He then proceeded to translate everything the song said for me, and as he did so, I realized that some of the lyrics were coincidentally talking about a certain event Joowon and I shared. The song mentioned something about a Polaroid photograph and even a note written on it. I really liked it.

⋅ ── ⋆⋅୨୧⋅⋆ ── ⋅
Enhypen's Comeback day

"Ever-evolving K-pop! The hearth of the Korean wave!" I start with the MC intro.

"With the world watching..."

"It's Music Bank live!" We say together as we do the Music Bank greeting with the speech cards.

"Hi! I'm the cutest hamster MC Kim JooWON!" She does the peace sign for our special greeting.

"Hi! I'm the cutest kitten MC Yang JungWON!" I do the same and I place my hand next to hers.