𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗: 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐌𝐂

The day has finally come. Today I'll be debuting for the second time but now as an MC. Something important to mention is that my members are here too because today is our last day of promotions for OMG and Ditto in Music Bank. As I was getting my hair done I reviewed over and over again what I was going to say.

"Oh excuse me, do you know where is my MC partner?" Jungwon asks as he taps my shoulder. I am giving the back to the camera pretending like I'm listening to a song but when I hear him I turn around.

"Ah?... New jeans' Hype boy!" I answer and start dancing as the song plays in the back, referencing to the well known trend. "Hello I'm the new Music Bank MC. Kim Joowon!" I say looking at the camera after finishing dancing.

"Welcome Joowon-ssi! Congratulations on your debut as an MC. How are you feeling today?" says Jungwon giving me a flower. I'll have to start getting used to this type of gestures since the writers of the script seem to have a thing for making MCs do cheesy things on camera.

"Thank you so much. Well, I must say I'm feeling nervous but overall so happy to be here. I promise to do a good job!" I say and bow to the camera. "Why don't we do our official greeting for the first time Jungwon-ssi?"

"Okay." he replies. "Hello we are.." he starts saying because due to him being older and my sunbae it's appropriate for him to go first.

"JooWON!" I say doing a peace sign to the camera with my right hand.

"JungWON!" he says while he does the same hand gesture.

"Biwon won won!" We say putting together our peace sings simulating a W.

After this we introduced today's lineup and then we are going to start with the interview cams. This is where I must do perfect because I'll be interacting with a lot of my sunbaes.

"JungWON!" 

"JooWON!"

"Biwon won won! we do our greeting.

"Jungwon-ssi woah I can't believe it's already been a month since the year started." I say as an introduction for the first interview cam.

"You know, personally I'm so happy that the 27th finally came." says Jungwon with enthusiasm.

"Oh really? And why is that?" I ask him looking interested.

"Well... because a wonderful group is performing today and I really like their music." he says to my ear as a way of sharing a secret.

"Oh yes, you're right. I've also been waiting for their comeback. Especially, they rushed to the Music bank as soon as their song was released at 2p.m. today." I explain with enthusiasm as well.

"Then let's check out who they are."

"Welcome to Music bank." we say together.

⋅ ── ⋆⋅୨୧⋅⋆ ── ⋅

Then it was time to present the MC special stage. Yesterday we came here to record it. We performed two songs: Secret garden by Oh my girl sunbaenim. It was just perfect that there was a song with that name since our MC nickname is Biwon.

Besides we are also performing a modified version for two people of Future Perfect (pass the mic). That was the song I struggle with because of the footwork.

The company decided to give us two songs to dance because it was important for us to show our abilities as all rounders considering that we are both from popular groups the audience will be expecting a great performance.

"We are going to do great, trust me." Jungwon told me before going on stage.

"Yes, I'll do my best!" I reply as confident as I could so he would know that I really meant it.

We recorded first Secret garden and then Future perfect. Personally even though this last song was the hardest to achieve for me I enjoyed it the most. I still remember when this song came out I became completely obsessed with it so it feels weirdly good to be performing it myself now with Jungwon sunbaenim.

Once we were done we monitored our performances as we always do and I was surprisingly satisfied with the result. Jungwon seemed satisfied as well which was such a relief because I wanted to do great to not let him down.

⋅ ── ⋆⋅୨୧⋅⋆ ── ⋅

Finally we presented this week's win in the K-chart which was quite fun since both of our songs were nominated for the first place but in the end OMG won.

"I guess it's time to say goodbye." Jungwon starts with the farewell.

"When you need music watch it live on..." I continue to say.

"Music Bank, have a great weekend!" we say together.

After this we had our winner's ceremony. I felt happy about being MC this time and being able to give my members the trophy for this week's win.

Finally before calling it a day we filmed the dance challenges. I danced the Sugar rush ride challenge with Yeonjun sunbaenim and Jungwon did it too but earlier at the Hybe building with Taehyun sunbaenim so that video was already uploaded.

Once we were done we took the usual MC selca and when we went to the backstage, we saw that the staff prepared a tiny party as a celebration for our first day. I felt really grateful for the gesture.

"I think we did good, don't you think?" Jungwon tells me as we both eat a cupcake from the snack table.

"Yes, we were great, thank you for being patient with me since day one. I promise I'll keep improving." I say bowing to him.

"No problem, I'll see you later." he says before leaving the room.

My first day being MC is over. I'm feeling relieved and happy because everything came out well. Now I'm so tired that I think I could sleep for hours.

On our way back to the dorm my members congratulated me for today's event. It was such a nice thing that they were there with me for this special moment.

"Unnie you were amazing!" Haerin who is sitting beside me says squeezing my hand.

"Yes you looked so cool performing Enhypen's sunbaenim song and you were such a natural being MC!" Hanni unnie turns around to tell me.

"Personally I enjoyed Secret Garden the most. That purple dress you were wearing was simply beautiful!" Danielle mentions as she makes waves with her hands as a way to describe the dress.

"Yesss I also loved the dress. You did great unnie!" Hyein says grinning at me.

"Good job Joowon-ah. I promise to watch every single one of the upcoming shows." Minji unnie says looking at me.

"Thank you guys. It means a lot that you think that." I say covering my face because I got shy at all the good comments.

~~~~~~

A/n:
Fun fact: Bimil jungwon 비밀 정원 = Biwon 비원 in Korean means "secret garden" so I thought of using the song that has the same name.

Have a good day, everyone!