𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖: 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠

It's been almost a week since the argument. I never thought this would evolve like this. Even if what he told me really made me sad I still love him very dearly and as much as it hurts I have to respect his decision. It is part of loving someone, I can't force him to do something he doesn't want to do. I can't force him to like me again.

I wanted to, but I decided not to do it because insisting about it would not be ideal. I considered his upcoming tour and how busy and tired he will be and that is why I didn't want to add another worry. He deserves to only focus on what is of great importance. His tour.

"I'm leaving. My grandma is here!" I say after reading the text that my grandma just sent telling me that she is already outside waiting for me.

"Bye, have a good time with your grandma, Happy Chuseok!" Danielle screams from her bedroom.

She is busy packing up since she'll be leaving in an hour for the holidays to Australia. I'll do it too, but my flight is tomorrow. Today I'll spent the entire day with my grandma to celebrate Chuseok together. It is only going to be the two of us this time since the rest of the family went on a trip to the countryside. My aunt invited my grandma to go with them but she turned down on it.

"Bye Joowon-ah, Happy Chuseok!" Hannie unnie waves at me from the couch.

Once I closed the door behind me I saw that my grandma was waiting next to her car with arms wide open. I ran to her and hugged her tightly. Seeing her again after so long made me feel really happy that the only thing that was on my mind in that moment was how grateful I am to have her with me.

"How has Sugar Cloud been these days?" Is the first I ask my grandma once we are in the car, already on our way to her house.

"Bongju? She's been fine, but she's been growing, a little bit, but I still think you'll notice the difference once you see her." She assures me without looking away from the road.

"Oh really? I'm glad!" I feel immediately more expectant to see her than before. I've missed her so much. "Would you like to listen to music?"

"Yes, of course. Please play ETA by New Jeans." My grandma asks very politely. It felt as if she had made a song petition to a radio announcer.

That has been her favorite song since she heard it for the first time. I still remember when it was released, she called me just to tell me that it was definitely her favorite song from the EP. "Joowonie! The song is so catchy, I love it already and I've only heard it once!" She said on the phone.

"On it!" I say as I start to fulfill with my duties as DJ.

"How have you been, dear?" She suddenly asks while the song starts playing in the background with low volume.

"I've been good and really busy. I'm sorry for not calling very often."

"Oh, don't worry. I'm sure you always end up very tired. I'm happy that you are making your dreams come true so don't ever apologize for that." She firmly states as she turns to smile at me for an instant.

Her words reminded me of the fact that she was one of the main reasons why my parents allowed me to come here to pursue my dream. I recall that the night after I was accepted as a trainee, she called to help me convince my parents to let me come, she told them not to worry because she was going to take good care of me. And to this day, even if we don't live together anymore I feel like she somehow still does it.

"Thank you!" I say placing a hand on her shoulder. She has always been truly committed to her work so I know for a fact that there is no one better to understand it than her.