Chapter five: detention and ice cream.

Chapter Art by: Jo.bilee (unspecified app)

TW: swearing.

[Ngl I forgorf to post this for like an hour]
_________________________________

When I got to the class I saw our computer and technology teacher sitting at his desk probably marking grades for another class. And then i look over to see Quackity with his arms and head practically melting on his desk like he'd been in the sun for days.

I asked Prof. Fundy if anyone else was coming and he said that there's rarely any people in detention at all. I guess this school is just a lot more peaceful, or maybe people just aren't snitches. I mean clearly Schlatt and Quackity didn't snitch on each other even if they hate one another.

I was told to sit down two desks left of Quackity so we weren't whispering or passing notes.

About 30 minutes had gone by when Prof. Fundy said out loud "ok guys I need to go to the teachers lounge for maybe ten minutes you can go to the washroom or talk, just don't wander round the school.

Prof. Fundy then left the room and shut the door behind him. I just went back to doing whatever I was doing before when I heard Quackity say "FINALLY OH MY GOD." Before standing up and walking around the room a bit.

"What are you staring at dumbass?"

"Oh-sorry you just startled me a bit. I didn't even notice I was staring." I scoffed before standing up like quackity and going to the window.

"Seriously? Your gonna spend this precious time sitting somewhere less comfortable?!"

I mean yeah- I was.

"God your annoying." I heard quackity say under his breath.

Don't think your any better than me Q. We're practically one in the same.

"Oh shut up. You got me caught in the hall."

No Quackity we got each other caught. And if I'm being honest I didn't do anything to you, I was just trying to help out with Schlatt and you hated me for it.

"Yeah yeah just be quiet. I didn't need your help."

Fucking hell quackity.

We continued to bicker back and forth laughing every once and a while, at one point I swear he blushed but maybe I'm just going insane.

Then the door handle moved, it was Prof. Fundy. "Alright boys I'm glad your getting along now but back in your seats please.

Quackity groaned dramatically and sat back down while I did the same. Maybe 5 minutes later I hear a small *tap* and look over. It's Quackity putting a small ripped piece of paper on the chair between us.

I waited a minute to grab it so Prof. Didn't get suspicious and tell me to give him the note.

When I picked it up I unfolded it to see 'If we're gonna argue let's do it without detention :]' and then a phone number I could only assume was Quackity's.

We both waited out the last 20 or so minutes in annoying silence like we both wanted to talk but had no voice.

Time was up. Fundy let us out of the class and said "see you tomorrow boys." With a cheery tone.

When we walked out Q asked if I wanted to get something to eat. I was fairly hungry as I didn't eat much at lunch so I said I would.

"Come on I know a place." He said calmly. So I followed him and we walked for maybe ten minutes, till we stopped at an icecream van near a big open field full of little blue and white flowers along with some trees and benches.

"What kind do you want Wilbur?"

Oh- I'll take a caramel ice cream.

"Weirdo- excuse me!" Quackity had scoffed the first part but his voice was sweet and kind at the end.

"Oh hello! What can I get ya today?" The woman in the van said.

"Could we get a caramel and a strawberry both in bowls please?" Quackity spoke with a calm voice unlike the one he uses at school. the woman came out with the ice cream after a minute and we both sat down on a bench under neath a tree.

We just sorta sat there in silence. Comfortable silence, occasionally breaking it apart with little thoughts or conversations. It was like neither of us had to talk just to have a good time. At some point when it just barely started to get dark quackity said that I should probably go home.

I checked the time on my phone and it was already 5:20 pm. I stood up and stretched and looked back at quackity saying I'd walk him home. We threw out the bowls and spoons from the ice cream and started walking by his house.

When we got there we said goodbye and I made my way to my house, which turned out to be not that far away. Maybe five minutes.

I went to the front door trying to be quiet so I didn't alert Phil or Mumza but when I opened the door....
_________________________________

[845 wordsssss ]

[this is just some light fluff and quality time bb grills <3]

[probably my favourite chapter so far]

[I forgot to post this for an hour and had to rewrite some of it because it got deleted so don't fight me pls 😳]