Chapter Ten: Sally Salmon.

Chapter art by: @mcpawz on Twitter

Tw: swearing you know the drill :p

Another long chapter???? WhAt Is HaPpEnNiNg?!?!
______________________________

<A little ways in the past, before Wilbur changed schools.>

Sally pov:

I fucked up. I had been flirting with this guy, for so long. I tried so hard. Just for him to notice me. It's honestly sad how nervous he made me. I mean sure! I can pretty much pull anyone in the school, I've dated alot of the 'stereotypical' jocks from the sports team, but I never, and I mean never. Seen someone like Wilbur Soot. I met him in the school library one day and the only thing I thought about him at the time was that he was cute. But then I started talking to him more. He was kind! Or- At least kinder than me, and most people at school. He was funny. I really liked him. And eventually he asked me out, and we started to date! He met my friends and everything was great. Until I fucked up.

We had been dating for a few months. We started to date at the end of last year, visited each other throughout the summer break and we were pretty happy. But the mistake happened when one of my ex's liked me again. I left him cause he was kind of rude sometimes, but I think he still had some feelings for me. One day when we were hanging out after school, I was waiting for Wilbur to finish with his after school club-thing. My ex's friends had shoved us in the janitorial closet. He pretended he didn't know what was happening.

He started breathing heavy. He lied. He lied about having claustrophobia. It's so stupid looking back now.

So, so stupid.

I thought he was having a panic attack so I sat across from him and made sure he looked at my face. I started trying to help him breath. "1..2..3.. out..." I started doing that and then... he kissed me. I realized then and there that he was actually fine and was faking the whole thing but it was to late because just at that moment, Wilbur walked in.

"Sally..?"

I pulled away from my ex and turned to face Wilbur, I was still on the floor so when I looked up to meet his eyes they seemed... dead? Like at that moment the sparkle he had the entire time we dated was gone.

"Wilbur! I promise it not what it-!"

Wilbur ran off. I stood up and soon my ex did to and I slapped him in the face. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" I shouted before running after Wilbur who had already left the building and went home. I tried calling, texting, I even tried going to his house one day, he opened the door and just shut and locked it after he saw me. My heart hurt. I felt so bad. I wish he could've just gotten some context to what actually happened that day. Even if he didn't want to date again I would've like being friends.

During school I would try and talk to him but there were just flocks of students surrounding him and yelling at him, "it's your fault Wilbur!" "She cheated cause you were boring!" "She never loved you!" That's what they yelled. I felt sick to my stomach. I knew people at school were fond of me but not borderline obsessive. Wilbur moved schools after about three days. The year had just started to! It was horrible. So horrible! I eventually texted and asked if we could talk about it, or if we could be friends a day or two after he switched schools but there was no answer. He unblocked me though! A step In the right direction.

It's been about a week since Wilbur left, and since he wasn't answering the phone I chose a day after school when I thought he would no doubt be home. I knocked on the door to be greeted by Philza, Wil's father.

"Oh hey sally, What are you doing here mate? I thought wil and you-"

Kristin, Wilbur's Mumza, cut her husband off by clearing her throat. "Phil!" She whispered. "Hello sally dear! Whatcha need?" She said trying to keep a cheery smile while Phil walked off.