Chapter forty-five: A strange dream.

Chapter art by: @yushi on Twitter (do I say X now??)

TW: Swearing, distorted reality, alcohol......... other stuff? Idk anymore
______________________________

Nobody's pov:

Wilbur walked around the party, nobody there had a recognizable face or voice. Everything about them was plain. The music sounded off, like a distorted version of the one he and Quackity made. Every time he looked at someone they just stared back at him, their faces were blank. They lacked emotion, and he started to wonder if this is how they always looked.

The brunette's mind felt foggy, however he understood he was searching for something. Wilbur had drunk too much at the party, so with every step he stumbles. He tripped around the room, until he found a red cup with his name written all over it in black marker with chicken scratch handwriting. The teen stared at the cup for a moment, before he picked it up and immediately his nose was filled with the stinging smell of alcohol. Before he could put the glass down, he was taking a sip. Almost as if he didn't have control over his body.

The liquid burned down his throat, it shouldn't have made him as drunk as it did. The second he swallow his mind felt numb, it was only one drink... none of this made sense to him. His head was filled with a sense of euphoria, and he heard someone call his name. Someone familiar. "Wilbur... Wilbur! Come on!" The ravenette yelled. He was extremely happy, and he was the only person that actually showed emotion under the purple and blue lights.

The taller of the two boys looked around for Quackity, spotting him in the crowd and quickly moving toward him. The more he walked towards the ravenette the more the shorter moved away. A playful smile covering his pretty face. Wilbur continued trying to get closer to the voice of his friend, and eventually he was following the shorter up a staircase.

On the second floor, he saw Q enter a room with a balcony. He paused before creaking the door open and seeing Quackity sat on the balcony. Legs dangling through the bars. He took a seat beside the other, and he felt the euphoria of alcohol fade away. Instead being replaced with a bright red across his face. He was asking a question, but he couldn't remember what it was. The only sounds he could hear was his heart pounding in his chest as he moved closer to the ravenette, and the music from downstairs sounded almost like he was underwater. Cloudy and quiet.

He saw Quackity with a flustered look on his face. He was nervous, but the taller couldn't understand why. He felt his legs shift, feeling pins and needles press into his skin while he moved. They got closer, and closer, until their faces were mere centimetres apart. Wilbur thought this was familiar, but he couldn't think of how. In fact he couldn't think at all, the sound of his heart pounding through his chest was to loud. Just a millisecond before their lips connected...

Wilbur woke up.

"...What the fuck..?"

He slowed his breathing down to the steadiest beat he could by breathing slowly and trying to remember anything he could. The dream seemed to real to be truly fantasy, there was an odd bit of truth to it that he couldn't put his finger on.

It was around midnight, and he was so very tired. But the brunette really didn't want to let this go, whether it be wishful thinking or not. He looked at his phone screen, typing in the passcode and swiping the screen up to show that he was still opened on Quackity's text messages. Ignoring the (slightly embarrassing) fact, he opened his notes app and started recounting the dream.

After five minutes his screen had jot notes written like, '-At the party'
'-Got drunk' '-Followed Quackity?'
'-Sat on Balcony' and everything seemed pretty similar to what actually happened at that point. Hence why why he was so confused about what he wrote next, '-Kissed him?? On purpose?' Every single thing in his list had happened at the party, but that must mean the kiss happened? Or is this just his mind tricking him again?

No, it couldn't be! Maybe he should ask Quackity what he knew?

Wait- hold on, he should go to bed first. He found out earlier that it was very uncomfortable in his bed alone, the brunette enjoyed cuddling with the other teen. By now it just felt off, not having him near. Maybe he had grown just a tad bit possessive over the ravenette...

Wilbur pov:

I got up in the morning still quite tired, but I had to force myself out of bed anyways. I needed to get to school and meet with Quackity...

I brushed my hair and quickly finished my morning things, eating a piece of toast in the car with Tech and Tommy. We parked at the school and lazily shuffled out of the car. Toms went and collapsed on a bench with his friends, Tubbo and Ranboo, while Techno just went to his locker. He isn't a morning person.

I didn't bother finding Quackity this early, I knew our first classes matched up today so I could talk with him there.

Niki came up to me when I got out of the car, we said hello and started walking toward the school doors while I filled her in on what happened with Quackity. I didn't mention why he'd been staying at my place, but I figured she'd guess something of the sort. "So... you think you kissed him at the party, right?"

Maybe? But like, what do I say? 'Oh hey Quackity! I had a dream where we kissed!'

I mocked, I couldn't just say that to him because what if it was just a dream? He might think I'm some sort of weirdo... Niki laughed at the comment, "Why don't you just ask if you two kissed at the party, Wil? If you didn't then you could just say you couldn't remember who it was before, and- well, if you did, maybe ask him out?" She made a gesture with her hand, "I mean, it's clear you like him. This could be the start of something really cute, Wil!"

Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll just have to find sometime to ask though...

She nodded yes and we continued down the halls, the bell rang a minute ago so we didn't want to be late for classes. We split up and I went to my class with the student teacher, Prof. Fundy.
______________________________
[1109 words]

[yooo I'm backkk]

[Sorry lol I uhh- I had a teeny weeny mental breakdown :) ]

[yeahhh so like- my friend isn't in the best place, but I don't have a way to help. So when they texted me something REALLY FUCKING WORRYING at 12AM I didn't sleep that night.]

[So I was SUPER TIRED when I saw them in the morning at school, completely fine. They barely even acknowledged it??? Like- hellooooo?????]

[hahahahah soooo I cried to hell and back from built up anxiety from prior thingsss and had to make a last minute birthday card for a DIFFERENT friend.]

[sorry I wasn't updating but- yeah that's my excuse.]