Chapter forty-nine: That's a good thing. I think.

Chapter art by: @Pancakemixi on instagram.

TW: SWEARING ISN'T TW ANYMORE AHHHH ITS BECOME A HABIT I CAN'T BREAKKKK
______________________________

Quackity pov:

After a minute I let go of him, we both moved our faces away from each other. We didn't say anything at all, but I heard a loud exhale from Wilbur and then something landed on my shoulder. Turning my head to see what it was, I noticed it was Wil's head. His eyes were closed and he was slightly smiling, how is he so fucking calm?

Worried that my lungs might explode if I try and say something, I instead stop looking at him and focus on the flowers sprouting from the grass. Eventually letting my own head rest against his.

I can't imagine he's very comfortable, his back is arched like a bridge and his neck is bent almost ninety degrees. But he doesn't seem to care, so neither will I.

For now.

Every once in a while I feel a small breath on my shoulder, reminding me that this is in fact real. Where do we go from here? Do I just leave him here and go home? I could... ask him... but I really don't think I can- or want, to talk right now.

"If you want to leave, you can. I know you didn't exactly... expect that,"

I stayed quiet as he backed away from my shoulder. Leaving my side to the cold wind. It's nearly fall now so it's getting cold out. "I just want you to know that I meant everything I said. And- and even if you don't feel the same and that was just- uhm... well, I'd still like to be friends at least." He rushed out, taking in a deep breath like he ran out of air.

Jesus, Wil... you're still seriously doubting yourself? Let me tell you something, I can barely comprehend what the actual fuck just happened. My brain feels all fuzzy and shit- but that's a good thing. I think. Fuck... okay, the point is! I... I think you're really pretty, and really fucking funny and kind and sometimes sort of annoying- but that's what I like about you. And- sorry, I'm rambling.

I looked back at Wilbur, surprised to see him smiling, with something mischievous in his eyes before the smile turned to a smug smirk. "No, no, please do continue. Tell me everything you like about me, I truly don't mind, Quackity."

Oh my god... Wil, I'm not doing that. You'll laugh at me later, I know you well enough.

"Fine, maybe I would tease you a little later. But I promise I wouldn't right now! Come on, please?"

Nope, you can't change my mind. I've already decided-!

Wilbur rolled his eyes before smiling, "alright, I won't push you..."

...but?

"But... I do have something to ask you."

Oh jeez, here we go again.

"Quackity- would you- would you be up to being in like, an actual relationship? Instead of... whatever's been going on the past month or so."

I immediately felt my face warm and could tell it had flushed to a reddish shade. Darker than it was earlier.

I- uh- well- fuck... I guess it depends, would we like, tell people..? Or would we just continue being weird asses in front of our friends?

"Whatever you're comfortable with, personally, I'd tell people... but I want to ask you in case."

Okay, same... uhm...

He looked away for a second, picking at his hands as he spoke, "So... was that- was that a yes?"

Uhm... I guess, yeah... was it- was it really that easy?

All signs of the taller's smugness was wiped away in an instant as he genuinely smiled and pulled me into a tight side hug, "holy shit... thank fucking god... Quackity you have no idea how nervous I was all week-" he chuckled, placing his head on top of the beanie that covered my hair. "I nearly chickened out Wednesday, but I'm so, so, glad I didn't. You won't ever know how happy I am right now,"

Okay- Wil- your strangling me-

"Oh- sorry..." he let go of me for a second, but I could tell he didn't want to. I sat up a bit more, and placed my hands on the sides of his face before planting a quick kiss on his lips. He coughed and hid his now flushed face in the palms of his hands, guess I caught him by surprise. Oh well.

I was about to say something before my phone dinged in my pocket. I fished it out, reading the notification. 'Mom: you should head back soon, I'm ordering dinner and it'll be here in a couple minutes.'

I sighed before tucking the phone back into my pocket, not bothering to text back.

Well, I'd love to stay... but I'm being summoned for dinner. I'll uh- I'll see you soon, Wilbur. Oh wait- do you want help packing everything here up?

He looked up from his palms, saying, "no, I got it. I set it up, after all." I rolled my eyes a little, he's so stubborn... "do you want me to walk you home?"

It's alright,

I said, standing up and stretching about as he stood as well.

Okay- I'm gonna head out, bye Wil!

I smiled and waved, turning to walk back on the path out of the field before I felt a light hand grab my wrist. "Wait-"

Hmm? What's wrong?

He froze for a second, "actually, never mind. I'll ask later," he spoke softly, a smile playing at the corner of his lips.

Of course you will, okay- actually goodbye now. My moms been... 'overprotective' lately.

He chuckled and let go, saying, "goodbye, Quackity. have a nice night,"

You too!

And with that, I was already walking past the ice cream stall and into the path that lead closest to my house. When I was nearly out of the field I turned around to see Wilbur laying on the grass, eyes closed and everything. Wow, he must've been really nervous if this is his reaction.

Though I can't say I'm much better.
______________________________
[1016 words]

[My apologies for the messy editingggg I'm very sleep deprived.]

[ahhhh I hope you like this chapter!!]

[I really only think there's gonna be a few more... and i don't exactly have an ending planned out BUT I'LL MAKE DO.]

[Rightttt so probs another chapter later tonight or tomorrow. BUH BYEEE]