Chapter thirty-one: Soccer and strange flowers.

Chapter art by: @cyani07 on tumblr

TW: Swearing, ABSOLUTELY BULLSHITTED GAME DESCRIPTION OF SOCCER IM SO SORRY.
______________________________

Wilbur pov:

I get home after a few minutes of walking, that man was apparently Quackity dad..? I mean- I'm not going to intrude on their family dynamic, something just seemed... off. Not to mention Q looking sort of panicked when I opened the door. And the shouting... never mind, I'm probably reading into this too much.

But... there's one other thing on my mind right now, the Ravenette himself. The whole time during the cafe with Karl, going to the store, and making dinner, my heart was pounding out my chest. I feel like my face is gonna be permanently stained pink from how much I blushed. But he's just so... fuck, I don't know!

But there's one thing for sure, I never want to lose him. Even if we're just friends... forever...

Quackity pov:

<next day, lunch break>

I'm so fucking bored... everyone's getting ready for that stupid game, even Wilbur's busy.

Whatever, I don't need to hang out with him every day.

I've been wandering around the halls, I didn't feel like eating. I'm sure Wilbur would've forced me too- what the hell?! Someone just ran into me!

Wait the fuck up!

I manage to grab at the back of their coat, successfully pulling them behind me while I figure out who it was.

He hasn't looked up yet, "sorry-! I promise I didn't mean to-"

Who are you?

The boy then looked up, amber eyes widening slightly as his face began fading into a pink.

"S-Sorry... I- I really didn't mean to- are you okay?"

Sapnap? Oh hey man! We haven't talked in a while!

As said before, Sapnap, Karl, and I used to be pretty close friends. But I grew distant so we stopped. He seems pretty much the same from what I can tell.

I let go of his jacket as he stood up straight again, he's just barely taller than me. "Y-You're not mad?"

Not really, i mean- I would've been. But i'm not holding any grudges right now so you're good.

"Oh! Okay then... want to eat lunch with me?"

...sure. We haven't caught up for a bit.

He smiled, face turning slightly redder. I mean it is hot out today. We eventually got something from the vending machines, even if I wasn't that hungry. We then continued to circle round the halls.

After a while of joking around about random shit we sat down near our lockers. I took off my jacket cause it had gotten progressively warmer today.

At some point Dream came back up to him, saying they had to go for whatever reason. I got up too. Accidentally leaving my jacket on the floor. But I walked away before noticing.

Well I guess it's class time already...

<time skip, a bit before game>

Sapnap dan up to me again, this time slower and with dream. "Hey again Q..! You uhm- forgot your jacket."

Oh! Thanks man, shouldn't you two be warming up for the game?

"Yeah, but this guy wanted to- OW!!" Sapnap, still smiling, nudged dream harshly in his side. "Geez... okay I won't fucking say anything..."

"Yeah, actually I wanted to ask if you're going? I'd like it if you were there!"

Oh- uhm... yeah, I guess I'll go. Now go! I doubt your team wants to wait!

"Right! I hope to see you there!" Then he grabbed his friend again and ran off.

I noticed something in the jacket, it was an orange flower and a note.

Hope to see you at the game cheering for us, don't forget the party's starts at nine on Friday, ***** Kinoko st.
-S

I don't know how to feel about this...

I might as well make my way to the bleachers though!

As I'm walking to the field I find Karl, wearing the teams merch, and a fire pin.

Hey Karl! Here to see sap?

"Yes! Yes! I am! I'm so fucking hyped! I drank like... FIVE MONSTER ENERGIES LAST NIGHT. Why are you here?"

Oh my- I don't know. He said he'd like me being here? Maybe he wants to be friends again!

I had a feeling it was a bit more than that, but I can't tell Karl that. He's been simping for this bitch for months.

After a few minutes, everyone's been ushered into seats, some parents and sibling of the players being there. Two people managing the score board. And the referee standing in the field. Eventually, the teams started kicking the soccer ball around. Our team was no doubt gonna win. This school didn't even stand a chance!

The game went on for a while, Sapnap scored again and Karl was practically screaming beside me stuff like "GO SAPNAP!! WHOOO!! YOU'VE GOT THIS KING." At some point, I can't remember when, I started cheering along with Karl. And that caught the eyes of a certain brunette I hadn't seen all day.

We locked eyes for a minute, my breath hitched. But I turned back towards Karl and the match, still feeling his gaze on my back. But when I looked back, he was talking to Tommy, who was currently chanting; "YOU CANT BEAT THE BLADE!!" Along with his father saying, "You've got this Techno!" Slightly quieter.

And then suddenly a loud "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD." Came out of his Mumza. Effectively scaring both her kids, and her husband. Even making Techno stare for a second. I doubt he was embarrassed though, everyone knew if they made fun of him it'd be their blood for the blood god.
______________________________
[943 words]

[ayuppppp sorry this is sorta short- I'm not uhhh the best rn]

[not the biggest fan of this chapter, but that's just the life of being an author, right?]

[I'm tryna make the next few chapters REALLY good lol so it might be late.]

[lmao also I'm going actually insane. I've been listening to "MHMM" on Spotify all night, and for those who don't know, it is a rap song by 'Sandy cheeks' from SpongeBob.]

[kinda slaps tho ngl]